What makes the power go off when plugged

Possible that the battery needs replacing. Check the power adaptor is working correctly by getting it checked with a volt meter - easiest option. Also check the power input plug on the laptop is clear, and hasn't got anything stuck in it! Sounds silly, but it happens!

Possible that the battery needs replacing. Check the power adaptor is working correctly by getting it checked with a volt meter - easiest option. Also check the power input plug on the laptop is clear, and hasn't got anything stuck in it! Sounds silly, but it happens!

Apr 29, 2018
Hope it is the dc connector (aka power jack). if you are familiar,inspect the dc connector and its cable to motherboard.
If not dc connector, board is faulty.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 3
C Laptop Tech Support 4
Z Laptop Tech Support 3
N Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
O Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 3
P Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 3
E Laptop Tech Support 9
E Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
Similar threads
Question Laptop AC adapter not working and making a sound
the radio icon on on the right of the power icon in my Acer laptop is blinking and making small noise?
ZenBook Pro 15 making HDD like noise
Laptop won't turn on with power adapter only and makes popping sound
Acer power light keeps blinking and make clicking sound
What buttons can i push to make my screen come on?
Will downloading the driver update download make the laptop start up on its own without being plugged in? The screen isn't th
Acer e725 powers on but screen is dark when I shine a flashlight on it I can make out the sign in screen
My power button cable get broke. Is it possible to make the laptop automatic on by just plugin the charger?
Toshiba Laptop: Lights are on, keyboard presses makes beeps and the screen has a typing bar.
My Dell latitude constantly turns off everytime I turn it on. It sometimes makes it to the home screen mostly does not...
Laptop (hp pavilion x360) makes a feint beep and is unable to power up. No charging indication and no response when plugged in
Laptop making weird vacuum type sound
HP probook 4540s When Ipress on the power button, the power button makes a series of short and long light on/offs and will not
My dell is not turning on the power button lights up the player makes sounds the cooling fan comes on for a second if you touc
My dell laptop makes a 3 beeping sounds when I press power button and it won't start please how can I fix this problem?
Lenovo IdeaPad Z570 not booting and making a clicking noise if I press the power button
is there a way to make graphics card run on full power even on battery ??
Dell Inspiron 3520 restarted now doesn't boot up when I turn power on and makes 3 beeps, help?!
how to make a usb cable with button that you plug into your laptop and then it powers on the the laptop when you press it

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS