Dec 26, 2013
Within the last year, I have bought some paid software and some freeware to make my computer faster and more efficient to the max. On a scale of 1-10....this is the rundown.

1. System Mechanic
2. Tune Up Utilities
3. CCleaner Professional
4. Auslogics Boost Speed
5. Uniblue PowerSuite
6. Diskeeper 12
7. Registry Recycler (free)
8. Memturbo
9. Anvi Browser Repair Tool 2.0 (free) Works on Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome
10. Anvi Ad Blocker (blocks first 50 pop-ups)

Okay so overall, though this list is quite unorganized, but they are all important factors to keep a computer from the mediocre to a high performance desktop or laptop.

Comment and tell your story!

Solution
In most the cases I have seen that registry cleaner program (commercial) could not fix a problem. All the companies that offer registry cleaner program often promise that registry cleaners will speed up your system and fix crash issue, but they won’t.

If you must need a registry cleaner software then I recommend you to use CCleaner and forget all paid software.

snowctrl

Honorable
Sep 10, 2013
All crap. The reality is a well looked after PC shouldn't need any of the above. I use The Ultimate Troubleshooter to optimise start ups etc, and BitDefender for antivirus and I have never needed anything else.

Akarin

Estimable
Nov 19, 2014
Win. 8.1 (I really like it) aaand.. only temp/fan monitors (RealTemp/MSI Afterburner). From time to time I use the CCleaner for a fast cache/registry cleaning, but nothing else. All my configurations are made on Windows itself, because the less stuff you have installed running on the background and sometimes messing with your system, the better.

jyotikeshari

Estimable
Dec 8, 2014
In most the cases I have seen that registry cleaner program (commercial) could not fix a problem. All the companies that offer registry cleaner program often promise that registry cleaners will speed up your system and fix crash issue, but they won’t.

If you must need a registry cleaner software then I recommend you to use CCleaner and forget all paid software.

Solution

JIMMYGJR60

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2014
I did use Advanced Optimizer System V3.50 for a year. Other than the check for outdated software, the program was useless. I would run it, get the errors, run it again and get the same errors. It didn't fix anything and it certainly didn't speed up my computer. I now use CC Cleaner which works fine.