Solved! What power adapter will replace 20V 4A?

panickid12

Estimable
Mar 2, 2018
I have a jbl boombox that requires 20V 4A to power on. I've tried 19V 4.74 Amps and nothing. I've tried 24V 3A and nothing and a few other combinations. What should work? Is the speaker at fault?

Solution
Dear panickid12,
I am a frayed that your JBL boombox was out of order for ever because you connected first at 4.74A and the resistance of boombox is at 4A. You must first try the transducer 3A at 24V. Don’t increase the Manufacture Ambers.

Yeah it can be 4ah or 5ah that's fine but the problem is putting 24 volts into a 20 volt system. also the polarity some systems can handle the extra 4 volts some can't depends on the quality. most electronics can handle a 5% to 20 % voltage surge depends on their quality.
Giannis--You are mistaken about the amperage. The supply must provide at least the needed amperage but a supply with a higher amperage will do no harm. What can do harm is a higher voltage (although a few volts shouldn't matter). Also, the polarity of the plug is important. If it is reversed, this may damage the boombox. However, a good design will protect against reverse polarity with a diode.

mr_random

Great
Feb 28, 2022
Dear panickid12,
I am a frayed that your JBL boombox was out of order for ever because you connected first at 4.74A and the resistance of boombox is at 4A. You must first try the transducer 3A at 24V. Don’t increase the Manufacture Ambers.

Yeah it can be 4ah or 5ah that's fine but the problem is putting 24 volts into a 20 volt system. also the polarity some systems can handle the extra 4 volts some can't depends on the quality. most electronics can handle a 5% to 20 % voltage surge depends on their quality.

Solution