What processors are compatible with my Acer Aspire E15 Start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex_179

Commendable
Mar 12, 2016
I have an Acer Aspire E15 Start laptop, with the built-in motherboard, an Intel Celeron N2840 processor, and 8 GB of RAM (upgraded from the original 4 GB). Oh, and Intel HD Graphics card.

It's running fine, but it's having a hard time playing Minecraft on the lowest graphics settings, and just doing a standard size world (the world out in the distance is often significantly unrendered, and when I'm flying around in Creative mode, it BARELY keeps up).

I have 2 questions, therefore:

If it's simply a problem with the graphics card, what should I upgrade to (if an upgrade is even possible)?

Or:

If it really is that I need a better processor, then what would be the cheapest compatible processor that would remedy the situation? When it comes to processors for this laptop, what do I need to look for to ensure compatibility?

Alex_179

Commendable
Mar 12, 2016
If it's possible to upgrade the system board, then is there an online store that you would recommend to me where I can get one? I'm just looking for something a little better than what I've got.

(Ultimately, I'm trying to avoid getting a whole new computer, as I really don't have the money for that.)

rgd1101

Don't

Out of luck, couldn't found any info on which system board is compatible to that E15 start.

Status
Not open for further replies.