What size sd card should I use in my Alcatel pop4 need quite a big size for all my apps and downloads.butvlast sd card I put i

suesterling

Commendable
Oct 7, 2016
What is correct sd card for Alcatel pop4.last one I put in said it was incompatible..I need quite a bit of storage for my apps etc..

Solution
You might as well go for a 128GB - they've come down in price lately. You'll be using Android 6.0 so if you want to run Apps from it, you need to tell the system to uuse it as an Internal disk and not a Portable one.

Before you go too high in capacity, check each App to make sure it can be run from an SdCard. Even setting it as Internal might not be enough to overarc, the developer's intention only to run it from the built in storage.l
You might as well go for a 128GB - they've come down in price lately. You'll be using Android 6.0 so if you want to run Apps from it, you need to tell the system to uuse it as an Internal disk and not a Portable one.

Before you go too high in capacity, check each App to make sure it can be run from an SdCard. Even setting it as Internal might not be enough to overarc, the developer's intention only to run it from the built in storage.l

Solution
Well it will depend on if it is just a pop4 or a pop4+. The + can only handle a card up to 32GB. Where as the other can handle one up to 256MB. Quite a difference there.

Here are the specs pages on them...

alcatel Pop 4 ... http://www.gsmarena.com/alcatel_pop_4-7935.php

alcatel Pop 4+ ... http://www.gsmarena.com/alcatel_pop_4+-7936.php

No matter which you have, it should be running Android "Marshmallow", so you should be able to set the SD Card as "Internal" storage so that you can run apps from it. Below are the instructions on how to set it.

NOTE: If the manufacturer has restricted this option, which some do, then there is no way to make the card "Internal" rather than "External" storage. In such a case you would be better served moving photos, videos and music over to the SD card, since it would not allow for apps to be move, to free up space.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your phone.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the phone, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

Gerald_17

Commendable
Nov 2, 2016

No, because I don't have Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) yet so I don't have to make the choice between Internal Storage or Portable Storage but because you only want to store Apps, I suggested you reconsister the larger card. Marshmallow is quite specific in its policy of "either/or" for storage (not portable so you can't take it out to back up) or internal for Apps.

Before you take that capacity decision, check which Apps you want and whether they're capable of running off an SdCard because some are dependent on the system folders.

Gerald_17

Commendable
Nov 2, 2016