What software do movie companies use to make dvd menu's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazooni

Honorable
Jul 7, 2013
Hi everyone, I really love creating dvd menu's and I was just wondering what retail companies use to create their dvd menu's? I have tried tmpgenc authoring works 4, and stuff like sony vegas but I cannot find the same advanced options on any software that I have tried that retail companies have on their menu's like language selection or audio selection (audolby 5.1, or other options).

Thanks, Any suggestions appreciated :).

Solution
Does the software you have used enable you to create custom menus? I understand that creating menus is not a problem for you but if you can customize a menu then you can add the menu options for a language track or audio selection. According to the DVD-lab Pro2 site it has multiple audio and subtitle channels. It appears as though that would allow you to add those options to a menu.
DoStudio (http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/dostudio) from Sony may do what you are looking for but at a price ($2995.00). It is for Blu-ray authoring. DVD-lab Pro2 (http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/dvdlabpro.html) may be another option and is considerably less expensive. If you can find a copy of Adobe Encore it might be another alternative. You can Photoshop to create custom menus and use them in Encore. If you decide to go that route you can open a menu in Photoshop (there is an option to edit the menu in Photoshop) and study the structure of the menu so you can learn the basics of creating a custom menu.

mazooni

Honorable
Jul 7, 2013
Creating menus is not an issue for me. The thing that I am having trouble with is creating a menu with the specific options that I want to include such as language track selection or audio selection (EX. Dolby 5.1, or some other audio formats).

Does the software you have used enable you to create custom menus? I understand that creating menus is not a problem for you but if you can customize a menu then you can add the menu options for a language track or audio selection. According to the DVD-lab Pro2 site it has multiple audio and subtitle channels. It appears as though that would allow you to add those options to a menu.

Solution

mazooni

Honorable
Jul 7, 2013
The software I have used does allow custom menus but it is limited to only subtitles and scene selection and of course the standard play button which any software allows. Dvd lab pro 2 looks interesting, I will try out the familiar and post back on this thread. Thanks for the suggestion :).

Status
Not open for further replies.