What Sound Card?

spray2000

Estimable
Dec 2, 2015
I need a sound card for my headphones, Since I just bought some new headphones.
I will be running the headphones to my receiver with a 1/4 jack then behind it with rca to 3.55mm.
Now i'm needing a sound card that will get the job with decent sound anything around 60 dollars or so.. As I'm also needing to buy a new 1/4 jack which raises the price even more.

And before you say just you use onboard sound it doesn't work anymore, SO yeah that's out of the question. :D

Anyways, Just tell me anything you guys think of..

Solution
There's lots of great USB audio solutions, but some of them tend to cost more than a dedicated PCI-E sound card. Unless you're trying to power high impedance headphones, stick with a modestly priced Asus Xonar or Sound Blaster.

BadBoyGreek

Estimable
May 15, 2014
For Sony headphones, any solution in your price range from Creative or Asus will do just fine. If you want actual RCA jacks to output to your receiver though, you'll need to go higher end as I don't think most of the lower end cards will have RCA jacks.

Isokolon

Commendable
Jul 24, 2016

what captaincharisma was trying to say, if the sound chip just stopped working one day it could mean the board is failing slowly
or it could be just an isolated incident with the sound chip
I wouldn't worry though, an Asus Sonar is a good choice on a tight budget

spray2000

Estimable
Dec 2, 2015
What if I get a usb driver is there any good ones out there, That will top the sound card or sound even remotely close to the sound card. I'm using a logetich driver usb driver right now for my new headphones, Which I used before for my logetich g430's, And I find that's the reason why I get wierd bass sounds like more in right ear, Even though it's clear. It just gets annoying. So going for something better, and I don't know maybe a usb driver will sound good but would there be any out there better then the logetich usb driver?

BadBoyGreek

Estimable
May 15, 2014
There's lots of great USB audio solutions, but some of them tend to cost more than a dedicated PCI-E sound card. Unless you're trying to power high impedance headphones, stick with a modestly priced Asus Xonar or Sound Blaster.

Solution