What type of cable does the Logitech G633 use?

Hunter Wideman

Estimable
Oct 16, 2014
Logitech G633 Headset

Hi! I have done way too many warranty claims for a USB cable replacement because every time I get the new USB cable from Logitech, it immediately starts tangling within a matter of a week. I NEED TO BUY ANOTHER BRAND.
So I have been rummaging through my household electronics closet and found myself what I think is a Micro-USB cable. I plugged it in the headset and it fit! So then I compared the sound quality between the Logitech cable and the one I had found and I found out that the Logitech one sounds a little bit better than the one I found.
What I need help with is what is the cable going into the headset CALLED? Also, once I know what the cable is called, what would I do to find the best audio quality cable? Thanks!

(When I refer to cable, I am referring to The USB cable going from USB >>>>>> Micro USB???)

Solution

If you mean what that side of the USB connection is, yes it's a Micro USB.

Looks like a regular USB cable to me.

Hunter Wideman

Estimable
Oct 16, 2014

Ok, then do you know which one would produce the best quality? Every USB to Micro USB on amazon is mainly for chargers.

Quality of the cable when used for audio is pretty much impossible to say how it will be unless you see if you can get the official Logitech cable. Going by price and reviews, this cable should be good https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Braided-Tangle-Free-Gold-Plated-Connectors/dp/B00SUZ1VCI but I have no idea if it will make any difference in audio quality for you.

BuckyJunior

Commendable
Aug 25, 2016
I once had a similar problem. I had a Nexus 7 2012 edition, and when I would plug it in with the original charger, it fit perfectly, and it charged fine, but when I used a different charger it did not fit as well, and often fell out of the charging port, even though it was the same type of Micro-USB. To solve your problem, you need to figure out the amps of the USB cable that came with the headset and the length. Most wires with lower amps do not perform as well.

Hunter Wideman

Estimable
Oct 16, 2014

I don't need to charge my headset, The headset is dependent on the cable for audio. So the issue isn't good charging performance, but sound quality. I also have already ordered these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LJCARL4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I will just have to see how they do :)

Hunter Wideman

Estimable
Oct 16, 2014

Thanks for the help. I have ordered these just because 10 ft is the perfect length for me. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LJCARL4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hunter Wideman

Estimable
Oct 16, 2014
Well... It only charges... It does infact plug in, to headset, but it receives no power or sound unlike the micro usb cable I found in my closet. I did plug in a Windows Phone however and it charged and was working. It looks like I have to get a new headset as much as I love the sound quality...

malgaines

Commendable
Dec 25, 2016
That's pure placebo effect as the headset has it's own sound card inside itself, that data on cable is going to be digital, if you use a very poor cable and high sampling you should notice some delaying, USB protocol has data retransmission is case of loss.