What would be a a safe temp for my gaming laptop?

Autumn_4

Commendable
Jan 12, 2017
I bought this laptop about a year ago and 4 months after I got it the fans broke, had them fixed and its running ok now.But now the temps are getting in the mid 70s low 80s when I game on it. I know laptops arent best for gaming but due to lack of space I have to have a laptop so I chose a gaming one.The fans were starting and stopping tonight, so I got some canned air and cleaned them and it seemed to stop the on and off.But temps are still in 70s and 80s when gaming.

Here is my dxdiag: https://pastebin.com/ti1Pv5dr
I live in a Florida in a very dusty room so I gotta keep cleaning them.But these temps kind of make me nervous.

Solution

You should only be worried if the fan is acting that way at high temperatures, like the mid 70s 80s you metioned.
Some fans they stop themselves if they're not being needed, that's normal.

Natan_3

Prominent
Jun 27, 2017
Those temps are quite high, but they're inside the 'limit'.
most laptops these days can handle until 85c/90c (depends on the brand, model, CPU and etc).

Since laptops are harder to cool, there are specially design CPUs and GPUs made only for laptops that can reach certain temperatures that not even desktops CPUs/GPUs can reach.

About those temps, they won't bring problems to your laptop, but try not let them go above that

Autumn_4

Commendable
Jan 12, 2017
Is there anything I can do? I'm not tech savy.But my fan started doing its starting and stopping, just had it replaced in march costs me 300.00 to do it, don't have the money to pay that again, but I paid a lot of money for this.

Natan_3

Prominent
Jun 27, 2017

You should only be worried if the fan is acting that way at high temperatures, like the mid 70s 80s you metioned.
Some fans they stop themselves if they're not being needed, that's normal.

Solution