What's the difference between these 2 pair of Headphones?

Mirakledba

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013
http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50S-Professio...

and

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50-Profession...

um....The other one has an "S" and it seems to have the same specs for an extra 55$.... Why? Whats the diff?

ryan27968

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013
The M50 has a coiled cable and the M50S has a straight cable. It really depends on what you want to do with it. If you are going to be constantly moving them around, a coiled might be better as it is more durable. If you prefer cable length to durability/portability, then get the straight cable. I honestly do not consider the straight cable worth paying $50 more.

ryan27968

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013
The M50 has a coiled cable and the M50S has a straight cable. It really depends on what you want to do with it. If you are going to be constantly moving them around, a coiled might be better as it is more durable. If you prefer cable length to durability/portability, then get the straight cable. I honestly do not consider the straight cable worth paying $50 more.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Audio 4
M Audio 1
D Audio 1
A Audio 1
G Audio 2
M Audio 2
H Audio 1
G Audio 1
G Audio 2
K Audio 4
M Audio 4
W Audio 7
K Audio 1
W Audio 4
DMCroww Audio 2
A Audio 5
Danbuscus25 Audio 2
S Audio 5
G Audio 1
G Audio 1
Similar threads
Question Can I pair different wireless headphones to same transmitter
Question $400 Budget, Looking for a gaming headset (PC / PS4 / Switch) and amp if it makes a big difference
how to have two different audio simultaneously played in headphone and pc's speaker
PLEASE HELP, New Headphones did not fix hearing or being heard across different PC games/ Teamspeak/ Discord
Solved! is there a device which allows me to use 2 different audio players and play it on a single headphone?
Sound on headphones coming from different directions. Even though I've used them for months
What are the different wires in my headphones and what are their functions?
2 sets of wireless headphones playing different source audio simultaneously
I want Just Sound Through Headphones,we both work different Hours,So if I use RCA to 3.5 or the USB Port will TV Speaker Mute?
Will I notice the difference if I buy better headphones?
Does PC read splitter connected headphones as different outputs?
What are the different wires in my headphones and what are their functions?
Is there a mixer that can make sound from two different sources go to one pair of headphones?
7.1 surround sound headphones is there a big difference?
Spliting audio from different programs to stereo headphones
Headphone difference in sound
Difference between these headphones?
Difference between these two headphones? Any other headphones under $30 I should be aware about?
Debating between 2 different headphones
Debating between 2 different headphones

ASK THE COMMUNITY