What's Wrong With My Keyboard?

TronX33

Estimable
Feb 17, 2015
I few days ago, my laptop keyboard started to mess up. When I pressed 5, it would type "t" I would press 4, and it would type 431. I plugged in the mechanical keyboard that I used with my main gaming PC, and it types fine. Why do you think is wrong with my keyboard? Is there any way to fix it?

Solution
the traces in the keyboard may have broken or the keyboard cable under the keyboard is lose. if the unit is under warranty send it in for repair so you dont lose the warranty. if it out of warranty google the model number and the word spare parts. look up the part number for the keyboard. there be vendor keyboard and oem replacments. the ome will work fine most times and are cheaper. to replace the keyboard you have to take out the battery and a bunch of screws on the bottom of the laptop for the keyboard to fall out. when it starts to fall out. hold it and see if the cable is not connected if it is. you have to use a small flat head to unclip each side of the keyboard cable. be care full not to break the clip off the connector.
the traces in the keyboard may have broken or the keyboard cable under the keyboard is lose. if the unit is under warranty send it in for repair so you dont lose the warranty. if it out of warranty google the model number and the word spare parts. look up the part number for the keyboard. there be vendor keyboard and oem replacments. the ome will work fine most times and are cheaper. to replace the keyboard you have to take out the battery and a bunch of screws on the bottom of the laptop for the keyboard to fall out. when it starts to fall out. hold it and see if the cable is not connected if it is. you have to use a small flat head to unclip each side of the keyboard cable. be care full not to break the clip off the connector.

Solution

Chicano

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
Before anything,

1. run virus and malware scans... keyboard drivers can be infected and give different symptoms including similar to those you descirbe.

2. The keyboard driver can also get cororupted. Reinstall/replace the keyboard driver

3. To verify it's a hardware issue: See if a linux distro or Hiren's live CD also has the keyboard symptoms

https://malwarebytes.org/

TRENDING THREADS