Discussion When can we expect new Ryzen gaming laptop models?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 28, 2019
I didn't really have a reason to look up gaming laptops before because my laptop was still working, until now... It seems there are new AMD + Nvidia models coming out and they're from Asus. I'm particularly interested in the FX505DU model, which runs Ryzen 7 3750H and GTX 1660ti. After tons of research, the performance seems good for the price, some tweaks should be able to run it at higher fps as well.

However, i'm not fond of the fact that the AMD processor can only support up to 2400MHz ram modules, and it cannot be overclocked either. So when can we expect another Ryzen gaming laptop? Should i just buy this now or wait for a much better AMD Processor? Hopefully something that runs the new Zen 2 architecture?

Aug 5, 2019
I didn't really have a reason to look up gaming laptops before because my laptop was still working, until now... It seems there are new AMD + Nvidia models coming out and they're from Asus. I'm particularly interested in the FX505DU model, which runs Ryzen 7 3750H and GTX 1660ti. After tons of research, the performance seems good for the price, some tweaks should be able to run it at higher fps as well.

However, i'm not fond of the fact that the AMD processor can only support up to 2400MHz ram modules, and it cannot be overclocked either. So when can we expect another Ryzen gaming laptop? Should i just buy this now or wait for a much better AMD Processor? Hopefully something that runs the new Zen 2 architecture?
Actually you can overclock ryzen mobile processor, third party software called "RyzenAdj" will enable you to modify Watt ,TJmax, Vram, and much more. So that you can increase or limit cpu-gpu performance.
But sadly, there is no option to undervolt it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.