When i am trying to install win7 it says the file or directory \users\admintrator/appdata/local/microsoft/feeds cache is corru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snehajit

Commendable
Apr 14, 2016
windows cannot install required files. the file may be corrupt or missing.make sure all files are available.error code:0x80070570

Solution
It's probably time to buy another hard drive, get a successful installation up and running then connect the old drive and try to recover data from it. There's a sector or cluster of sectors where crucial files are landing every time you try another installation so it's best to start fresh with a new disk. Given that the old disk will probably work perfectly as a data storage disk, you could buy a 250GB or even smaller, Solid State Drive. They're quieter and faster than spinning disks.

Snehajit

Commendable
Apr 14, 2016

From a DVD

Few things that happened before:
1.computer became typically slow
2. chkdsk on the partition where windows is to be installed got few errors which it says it had corrected but it comes every time
3. format drive not possible
4. presently it says cannot install windows on the partition. though it is empty.

problem is i have got important things on other drives so i cannot format the HDD completely

It's probably time to buy another hard drive, get a successful installation up and running then connect the old drive and try to recover data from it. There's a sector or cluster of sectors where crucial files are landing every time you try another installation so it's best to start fresh with a new disk. Given that the old disk will probably work perfectly as a data storage disk, you could buy a 250GB or even smaller, Solid State Drive. They're quieter and faster than spinning disks.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.