Question When I connect my hearing aids to my LG TV via Phonax TV connector using the Digital Optical Audio out socket - the TV speakers get cut out.

frankieirishman

Estimable
Mar 23, 2016
Can anyone provide a solution to my audio problem. Connecting my hearing aids via my Phonak TV Connector - to LG TV via Digital Optical Audio Out socket - and the speakers of the TV cut out - I hear beautifully in my hearing aids - but nobody else in the room hears the TV audio.

Unless your TV allows the optical output to be active while the TV speakers are on your only option will be to split the optical output and connect a soundbar to one of the outputs and the Phonak transmitter to the other one.
On some Samsung TVs there is a quickset menu that will allow you to turn the TV speakers on while the optical output is active even though you can't set it that way in the audio menu itself.
I have always been annoyed that TV manufacturers limit the way TV audio works. I there is no reason they have to turn the TV speakers off. They just decide that you don't need both active at the same time.

Reactions: frankieirishman

frankieirishman

Estimable
Mar 23, 2016
Unless your TV allows the optical output to be active while the TV speakers are on your only option will be to split the optical output and connect a soundbar to one of the outputs and the Phonak transmitter to the other one.
On some Samsung TVs there is a quickset menu that will allow you to turn the TV speakers on while the optical output is active even though you can't set it that way in the audio menu itself.
I have always been annoyed that TV manufacturers limit the way TV audio works. I there is no reason they have to turn the TV speakers off. They just decide that you don't need both active at the same time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is really helpful - thanks - is there a specific type of splitter I should purchase - a quick look at Amazon shows a wide selection available - confusing :-(

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
Seoxis Streaming Video & TVs 0
S Streaming Video & TVs 3
S Streaming Video & TVs 2
catchgarry Streaming Video & TVs 1
mrinaldrive1 Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 2
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
N Streaming Video & TVs 1