When I hold any key on my keyboard down and let go, it keeps going.

majoreuphoria

Estimable
Sep 14, 2015
I have checked other problems similar to this, but the answers i've seen haven't helped me in the slightest. When ever I use my laptop's keyboard the keys work fine, but when I hold down any key for about 4 seconds and on and let go, the key keeps on going. An example of this is every game I play on here, as well as on Word 2014 and Notepad. I would hold down the key "w" for about 4 seconds and let go, but the character will keep moving or the letter will not stop for a few seconds. Unfortunately this problem is for EVERY key, the delete key, Control key, Windows Key, Escape, even the volume up and down keys. I have tried Rebooting and Cleaning the keyboard but both haven't worked. Any help would be great, thank you.

also posted on microsoft: HERE

Solution
First, try plugging in a USB keyboard. If using the keyboard exhibits these symptoms also, then the problem may be software-related. Try installing the latest version of your chipset drivers and other laptop utilities. If the keyboard does NOT exhibit this issue, try using your laptop keyboard in the BIOS. If the laptop keyboard also has sticky key issues in the BIOS, then there is some kind of hardware problem with your keyboard, and you should have it serviced.

metalicgeek

Estimable
First, try plugging in a USB keyboard. If using the keyboard exhibits these symptoms also, then the problem may be software-related. Try installing the latest version of your chipset drivers and other laptop utilities. If the keyboard does NOT exhibit this issue, try using your laptop keyboard in the BIOS. If the laptop keyboard also has sticky key issues in the BIOS, then there is some kind of hardware problem with your keyboard, and you should have it serviced.

Solution