When i plug in the power cord, the adapter lights of my inspiron 1501 laptop light up. Sometimes the left power light comes on

sandmanjose

Estimable
Jul 9, 2015
I need help to identify why when I attempt to start my Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop.
The adapter light comes on and sometimes the battery light comes on, when the power button is pressed, the screen does not come on and the power light flickers off.

Solution
With the laptop off take out the battery, plug the charger in and hold down the power button for 30 seconds til it reboots then put the battery back in ... and it should start charging properly.

Then run the lappy with a battery in it until it is down to about 20 % ... then plug the charger back in and top it up to make sure it is ok.

With the laptop off take out the battery, plug the charger in and hold down the power button for 30 seconds til it reboots then put the battery back in ... and it should start charging properly.

Then run the lappy with a battery in it until it is down to about 20 % ... then plug the charger back in and top it up to make sure it is ok.

Solution