when i power nup my acer aspire one model d255 all i get is a small blue box saying "enter current password" what is this and

Status
Not open for further replies.

dysfunctionalb

Honorable
Oct 3, 2013
when i power nup my acer aspire one d255 model# HLZ-PAV70(B) all i get is a small blue box saying "enter current password" what is this and how do i get by it? i never set any password and ive tried all the F1's-F12, del using ctrl, alt nothing even pressing F2 when logo pops up it sayin press F2 for setup and after i hit it says please wait and right back to the blue box only thing i seen happen different i hit the esc on start up and i see a couple build numbers system bios version and few other things but i can only see it for about half a second and goes right to the blue box wanting a password. please any help out there??

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Sounds like that system has a BIOS password set to prevent unauthorized use. Discussions on how to bypass security measures are not allowed on Tom's Forums. Doing so is a violation of our rules and we have no way to verify you are the rightful owner of the system in question.

Contact Acer and be prepared to provide proof of ownership.

Status
Not open for further replies.