when i put in my recovery discs after everything installs it still saysno bootable drive this happens with the old harddrive a

Solution
you need to install windows using windows 10 usb stick or windows 10 installation DVD. Unless you do that it will show no bootable drive. Recovery discs only work when you have windows installed.
1) Connect the old drive boot into windows.
2) Download and run windows 10 installation media (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209)
3)Insert a 4 gb or larger USB device.
4) Create the windows 10 installation USB device.
5) Connect the new hard disk drive to your pc.
6) Install windows using the USB stick you just created.

m.delany36

Prominent
Aug 13, 2017
My original harddrive said there was a harddisc drive problem and would keep shutting down so I bought another harddrive but when I connected it it says no bootable drive I put back in the old one and it reconized the drive so I changed it again and got the same no bootable drive when I put back in the old drive for the 3rd time it also said no bootable drive when I go into bios and it says reboot from recovery disc it will not work

mbarnes86

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Hi

It would help to know exact model laptop?
What windows version on recovery disks?
What windows currently on hard disk?

This will give us some clues about howto get system to boot from recovery disk
And how to ensure after windows installed you boot from hard disk

Are recovery disks created by recovery disk builder or purchased off the internet or provided by laptop manufacturer?

Since you say disks I presume dvd's and windows 7
as win 8 or 10 tend to use usb recovery windows disks

Regards
Mike Barnes

Sohom

Prominent
Mar 6, 2017
you need to install windows using windows 10 usb stick or windows 10 installation DVD. Unless you do that it will show no bootable drive. Recovery discs only work when you have windows installed.
1) Connect the old drive boot into windows.
2) Download and run windows 10 installation media (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209)
3)Insert a 4 gb or larger USB device.
4) Create the windows 10 installation USB device.
5) Connect the new hard disk drive to your pc.
6) Install windows using the USB stick you just created.

Solution

m.delany36

Prominent
Aug 13, 2017

Sohom

Prominent
Mar 6, 2017

No problem, just follow my steps. the windows 10 drivers for e630 are available. Just download drivers and install them.