Question When I try to open Nvidia Control Panel on my Lenovo Yoga laptop it states that my display isn't attached to an Nvidia GPU

Jun 5, 2019
Although Geforce Experience recognizes it completely fine, the Control Panel doesn't and won't even load up. It's obvious that my card is in working order, and it's still used every time I load up a game. Is this a problem with my GPU or the control panel itself, and how to I fix it? It's very frustrating because I'm unable to configure my graphics settings for games. I have an intel card used for desktop apps and an nvidia card for games.

Jun 18, 2019
Is your cable plugged into your GPU? Stupid question I know but i accidentally plugged mine into my board once in my tired state after moving. Everything ran fine still (Games didnt seem effected, was like it was still using GPU) Only thing that was wrong is my shadowplay wouldnt open. It wasnt till about 2 months later when i went to Nvidia control panel and it wouldnt open, that I had a look and realized what I'd done. Otherwise could be faulty, I had a 1050ti that crapped out after 9 months brand new, no overclocking or even graphic intense games (Only really play League of Legends)

EDIT: Just realized i asked if you had it plugged into GPU rather than Onboard.... On a laptop.... was a long day at work, forgive me :c

Last edited: