Where can I buy a keyboard for this laptop?

lonrot

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
Hi, my laptop (GIGABYTE 15.6 P55Wv6-NE2) has some damaged keys due to liquid spill. I tried to find a replacement keyboard online and didn't find anything.

Gygabite wants me to send them the laptop for an inspection but that's my work computer, I'm using it 24/7.

Is there a place where can I buy this keyboard online, generic or oem?

Picture of the keyboard:
aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubGFwdG9wbWFnLmNvbS9pbWFnZXMvdXBsb2Fkcy80OTE3L2cvZ2lnYWJ5dGUtcDU1LW53LWcxMS5qcGc=

Solution
It's an OEM keyboard, and unless people are selling only the keyboard used (for some reason), then the only way to get a new one would be to go through Gigabyte. You could ask to buy the keyboard only, but who knows if they'll let you do that or not.

Any other keyboard from other manufacturers (or even other Gigabyte laptops) likely will NOT work because they will have different mounting mechanisms and may even use a different kind of ribbon cable to connect it to the motherboard. Either you're going to have to send it back, or hope that Gigabyte sends you just the keyboard.

JalYt_Justin

Prominent
Jun 12, 2017
It's an OEM keyboard, and unless people are selling only the keyboard used (for some reason), then the only way to get a new one would be to go through Gigabyte. You could ask to buy the keyboard only, but who knows if they'll let you do that or not.

Any other keyboard from other manufacturers (or even other Gigabyte laptops) likely will NOT work because they will have different mounting mechanisms and may even use a different kind of ribbon cable to connect it to the motherboard. Either you're going to have to send it back, or hope that Gigabyte sends you just the keyboard.

Solution