Where can I buy Swans M50W or Swans M60-5.1

Bestkid

Honorable
Nov 19, 2012
Ok, so I live in the UK and I cannot find a website where they sell the:

Swans M50W
Swans M60-5.1

Please help me find a store or website where they sell these...

Thanks

Item Audio
Home Theatre | Multimedia
Add:27 Eleanor Crescent Westlands Newcastle under Lyme ST5 3SB (North Staffordshire, England)
www.itemaudio.com sales@itemaudio.co.uk
Tel: 0044 1782 621225
Mr I P Leslie
Drivers
www.iplacoustics.co.uk ivan@iplacoustics.co.uk
Telephone and fax - (0)1271 867439

OR

http://www.swanspeaker.com/

EskimoOfOne

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012
Unfortunately copying details on the dealers for the UK from the swan speaker website is rather useless as neither appears to stock the M50W :( in addition the prices for the UK site seem hugely in excess of all other providers accross the globe such as those in Australlia, India and America when you consider the exchange rate. Effectively it is completely ignored and they intend to charge you the dollar rate in pounds (1 pound = 1.6 dollars which is an extortionate markup meaning that 300 dollar speakers would cost you around 480 dollars!!!) as this is not being pulled in any other country, I do not know why people expect to get away with it here. Also a warning that according to some specs the speakers weigh 12kg+ postage wont be cheap!

I think the lack of availability may be due to the itemaudio webpage not only being outlandishly expensive but also fairly broken. There are huge sections with no products and some pages have not been completed.

My favourate snippet is in the FAQ:
"Can't I Buy This Stuff Cheaper Abroad?"

The full content of the section under the header has a single character in it "y" (lets assume that is short for yes!) which was last added in 2006. The website seems to be derelict. Everywhere abroad is out of stock or refusing delivery outside of a small area so it looks like the UK simply has no viable (even over priced) provider for the acquisition of the M50W.

The iplacoustics site does not have a single (whole) Swan speaker product for sale, they do sell parts tho, for most of us that is an overcomplicated solution.

If you find anything contrary to this post please keep me informed, especially if you find a means to ship from abroad. I have absolutely no idea how they in any way justify trying to charge a 60% markup! :)