Which Digital Camera Brand is BEST for Personal Use?

bruce20

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a Digital Camera for Personal Use, (for things like family party pics, family vocation pics etc.) I was wondering which Brand should I take, which will be Durable, Reliable, Offer Excellent Picture Quality, Last Long, Good Battery Inside & is also good from design & shape point of view.

I really like Sony Digital Cameras due to their Sleek & Smart Design, but I'm not sure if all other requirements as above are also met in them.

So, I would like to ask you guys, which BRAND should I get?

Thanks a lot.

bruce20

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013
And ofcourse it should be small sleek compact, easy to carry in hand or in pocket, so I don't have to worry about an extra bag, while I'm travelling.

USAFRet

Illustrious

There are few 'bad' cameras these days. The BEST camera for you is one within your budget, with the features you want/need, from one of the major brands. Canon/Nikon/Fuji/Sony/Olympus/etc/etc.

Just stay away from any off brands.

patrickwilson86

Honorable
Jan 24, 2013

bruce20

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013

Thanks. I'll check the reviews on these sites. In fact I checked on DP Reviews for Canon A4000 IS, which I was planning to buy, but I realized many negative comments on the picture quality at zoom, so I'm thinking of something better now.

Do you think Canon Powershot Series is Good?

Also, Please tell me, should I stick to Canon, considering they're the BEST Brand in Camera? Or I should also consider other brands like Nikon & Sony. (I wouldn't go below that, like for Fuji, Olympus etc.)

I was helping someone else with a similar question in this thread: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-1634956/good-camera-home-canon-powershot-a4000.html
I agree that the A4000 IS is not the best choice and a comparison with a similar Nikon shows the Nikon has better shot-to-shot performance and has better battery life. Rather than repeat what I put in the other thread I would ask that you read it and see if it helps at all. Just out of curiosity what is the most you are willing to spend?

bruce20

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013

That camera is definitely out of my requirements and budget as well.

Anurag Painuly

Honorable
Jun 20, 2013
I am the person who like the many camera brands and wants to purchase more cameras for me but it is not possible because DSLR or professional cameras are very costly .But if you want to buy a digital camera for you then first go to your budget and work , if you are a professional then you have to buy a professional camera but if you are just a lover of photography then it can be an easy task to choose for you

I prefer the Panasonic Camera because the cost is affordable and there are many features like in the Lumix Series . There are many websites which can help you to find the review .

http://www.bestcamerabrand.net