Which DS for old pokemon games?

Kallakix2015

Estimable
May 18, 2015
Hi,
The last Nintendo console I played was a gameboy advance and I wanted to get a modern day equivalent that runs the same or similar games. I have seen too many models and I have no idea which console is the right one to go with. I'm not interested in any of the 3D consoles and I don't want the version that doesn't fold because it needs to be portable.
Also if anyone can recommend the best pokemon games.

Thank you.

Solution
My favorite gameboy ever was the Gameboy Advanced SP. It had everyting: portability, sleek design, small, backlit screen, rechargeable battery, and a shiny finish.

Even better, some of the best pokemon games are supported:
Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald [Gen III]
Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green [Gen I Remake]

If you move up to a standard Nintendo DS, or even better a DS Lite, then you could also grab:
Pokemon Black and White [Gen V] {NDS}
Pokemon Pearl, Diamond, and Platinum [Gen IV] {NDS}
Pokemon Soul Silver and Heart Gold [Gen II Remake] {NDS}
Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald [Gen III] {GBA}
Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green [Gen I Remake] {GBA}

Others have mentioned playing on an emulator, but I don't enjoy playing on them...

Space monkey 12

Estimable
Sep 25, 2015
I used to use a emulator on a phone to play all the old sega and gameboy games that I own but there is a non folding version of the 3D version to my knowledge but emulation would be the best way on one of your devices you already own laptops certain phones and tablets not Apple unless you jailbreak

Space monkey 12

Estimable
Sep 25, 2015
You are probable best with the 2Ds tho you can't play old games you have to buy them from a eshop I but personally I always liked the folding ds it played all the games gba and the others if am 100%

Kallakix2015

Estimable
May 18, 2015

I tried the emulators, but I wanted the real thing. I just want a nintendo that folds and can run the old pokemon games, or the new ones. I looked at the 2ds, but I don't like the design. I keep seeing dsi and dis lite, are those good consoles? and if so is the lite version just smaller?

Space monkey 12

Estimable
Sep 25, 2015

Sorry I read your post wrong thought you wanted a non folding I would go with the old ds light was a good console and if you want play Pokemon games that would be my choice n Pokemon good was always my fav

maxalge

Honorable
Herald
May 31, 2012

a 3ds

it can play the old ds games as well

so you can get pokemon platinum, Pokemon HeartGold or SoulSilver, Pokemon white or black, Pokemon White 2 or Black 2, and Pokemon X & Y

Space monkey 12

Estimable
Sep 25, 2015
Sit all depends on what Pokemon game you want to play if it's a gb version you need a gb or gba if it's a gba version you need a gba or ds if it's a ds version you need a ds or 3Ds the games are only comparable one generation back I would go old ds light and play ds Pokemon and gba Pokemon

Space monkey 12

Estimable
Sep 25, 2015
Looking in the internet I don't think you can no same as earlyer when I used to own a ds I used a r4 card to emulate all ds and older games on the ds itself don't think you can legally buy them now tho ain't sure you need to own a game before you emulate it and that's not allowed everywhere because of copyright

Haidoken

Estimable
Nov 6, 2015
My favorite gameboy ever was the Gameboy Advanced SP. It had everyting: portability, sleek design, small, backlit screen, rechargeable battery, and a shiny finish.

Even better, some of the best pokemon games are supported:
Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald [Gen III]
Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green [Gen I Remake]

If you move up to a standard Nintendo DS, or even better a DS Lite, then you could also grab:
Pokemon Black and White [Gen V] {NDS}
Pokemon Pearl, Diamond, and Platinum [Gen IV] {NDS}
Pokemon Soul Silver and Heart Gold [Gen II Remake] {NDS}
Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald [Gen III] {GBA}
Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green [Gen I Remake] {GBA}

Others have mentioned playing on an emulator, but I don't enjoy playing on them at all because it isn't the "true" experience and you can't connect with friends.

Solution