Which Gaming Computer to get? 3 Choices Cant Choose

shyam101

Honorable
Sep 30, 2012
Well...its been 4-5 years with this emachines laptop worth 200$, im wondering why it wont die and Ive been tired of waiting for its last few breathes, IMO the components of this laptop is so terrible it cant break ._. So I have selected 3 laptops near similiar all in specs however don't know which to choose some have advantages as over and heres my three choices

Budget:1400$

The first is the lenovo y580 the 1080P model,

Pros: Cheap Price,
Able to get a 3 year ADP Warranty since its so cheap,
Trusted Brand in my family atm,
Good Battery Life,

Cons: 15 inch screen compared to the other two (not a major thing for me this can be considered a PRO to me)

The second is a MSI GT70

Pros: has a GTX 670m the other two have 660ms,
Nice features like a colorful gaming keyboard made by steelseries

Cons:Looks Plasticity (if you guys say even though its plastic its Solid, I wont Mind at all), No Warrenty unless if I get the Squaretrade one, Have no idea how good MSI laptops are and how great their brand is besides their known by gammers nor do I know how great SquareTrade warrenty service is (dosent matter on warrenty if the brand is good just need this to last 3 years MIN)

The Third is a ASUS G75VW 660m Model,

Pro: nice Matte feel around the computer,
Dual Fans,
Fans can be opened up and cleaned out as a pleased

Cons: No warrenty, only SquareTrade, have no idea how ROG laptops are nor their brand
3 hour battery life (GT70 might be near this as well I'm not sure havent checked)

Basically I want an laptop thatll live for 3 years at MIN,
Itll be a significant upgrade from this 200$ un-dieable emachines laptop,

Solution
Definitely the MSI one. Why? Because of the cooling solution that it has.

http://www.twcarpc.com/photo/wwm/2012/MGT70/MGT7021.jpg

Also, dual hard drive bay without the need to sacrifice your optical drive.

Anyone else want a 128GB SSD + 750GB 7200 RPM drive? I wish my laptop had that Q-Q

*Edit,

I wanted to find a better picture of the underside of the MSI laptop.

30129_MS-16F2_09_zoom.jpg

Definitely the laptop I would choose.

echondo

Honorable
May 29, 2012
Definitely the MSI one. Why? Because of the cooling solution that it has.

http://www.twcarpc.com/photo/wwm/2012/MGT70/MGT7021.jpg

Also, dual hard drive bay without the need to sacrifice your optical drive.

Anyone else want a 128GB SSD + 750GB 7200 RPM drive? I wish my laptop had that Q-Q

*Edit,

I wanted to find a better picture of the underside of the MSI laptop.

30129_MS-16F2_09_zoom.jpg

Definitely the laptop I would choose.

Solution

shyam101

Honorable
Sep 30, 2012

Yep, I looked into the features a little in-depth on the MSI it also has gold coatings on the headphone ports making it sound better and the ekyboard and also a bunch of other features, thing is itll be my first MSI, you wouldnt happen to guess what a usuall MSI Laptop would last? I take good care of my laptops would that increase the lifeline? Im just afraid with that 1 year warrenty, most computers break down after the warrenty ends

At those price ranges $1500.....I'd have the system custom built.

With a 750 GB hybrid SSD/HD (Seagate 750 GB), i7-3610QM, 8GB RAM, GTX 670M 1.5GB GDDR5 , 8X DVD±R/RW/4X +DL Super-Multi Drive , Internal 802.11 B+G+N Wireless LAN + Bluetooth Combo Module, ya talking about $1420.

http://www.lpc-digital.com/sager-np9170.html

Might wanna add a few more customizations as if ya break $1500 on the price quote and the MAX discount listed on the site is perty substantial.

Get $100.00 off orders $1,500.00 or more! USE PROMO CODE SAGER100OFFOVER1500

http://www.lpc-digital.com/notebook-review-members-military-and-student-discounts.html

echondo

Honorable
May 29, 2012

From my past experiences with laptops and MSI products, as long as you take care of your stuff it will last as long as it can.

If you are really paranoid, try and get a longer warranty. Laptops have always been heat inducers and wear down over time but I've never had a high end laptop myself.

I wish I could comment on the MSI laptop with experience but I have not owned it and from looking at the specs and the cooling that MSI has provided, it seems to be the best decision currently.

I have talked my cousin into getting a custom one from Rjtech.com in barebones style so he can get a i5 instead of a i7, and also a 15.6" display rather than a 17.3".

Personally, with $1,500, I would much rather build a custom gaming PC. But I am going to assume you need this as well for work/school/or just portability.

The other thing as you pointed out is that the MSI one has a 670m, and when it comes to laptop GPUs, you'll always want to get the best you can.

Here is some reviews on the GPUs themselves:

670m:
http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-670M.72197.0.html

660m:
http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-660M.71859.0.html

If you scrolll down they have benchmarks and also in-game testing with settings from low to ultra.

shyam101

Honorable
Sep 30, 2012

Thanks for the help, ill wait for more posts on this forum im leaning towards the MSI, the lenovo maybe, the Asus im not sure about so much

jordonc

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
If you're still considering SquareTrade warranties, I've had nothing but good experiences with them. Granted none of my items were a high-end laptop. Then again, my old Toshiba Satellite has been going strong nearly 5 years now, so maybe echondo's right about them lasting if you take care of them.

echondo

Honorable
May 29, 2012

Lol. I have a 3 year old Turtle Beach headset that works just like it did day 1 when I bought it, have been using it for the Xbox and PC every day since! It has a bit of wear and tear but again, if you take care of your stuff, it'll last as long as it wants!

Also, I want to thank everyone in the thread for recommending other websites for custom laptops! Seeing so much better pricing and configurations than the website I posted(Rjtech).