Which Gaming Laptop would be great for me.

bob0011

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014
I am looking for a gaming laptop that preferably has over 4 hours battery, also without looking to gaming themed. A ok keyboard would be really nice with a ok all round build quality.

Thickness is not to much of an issue unless it is ridiculously thick.

Also a SSD would be nice but is not an issue as long as there would be future upgrade space, e.g. m.2 space.

Games Play:
CSGO
ARMA 3
Rust
Insurgency

I was looking at the new Dell Inspiron 7995 but I would prefer a laptop with a 970m due to the said 60% better performance: http://

My price range is around £1000 but I can stretch to £1500 if it has all the features I would like.

Thank you.

For a system with a gaming card, don't know if you can get to 4 hours of use, I think gaming class laptops have about a 2-3 hr battery life when actually used at their regular speed.

Don't know if they ship to your area, but www.xotic.com is my favorite site to pick out a gaming laptops, easy to sort and compare. You can get a laptop with a 970m in your budget, ASUS, MSI, Sager are just a few good brands out there. I suggest a system with a SSD and a 15.6" screen. 17 is a bit too large for comfortable laptop use (unless it does not travel, then you may as well get a desktop) and a smaller screen is a bit too small for games.

bob0011

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014

I own a Desktop already so that is not an issue, and an SSD isn't either, i an alleyways upgrade later when i have more money or use one from my PC.

I have seen a few gaming Laptops with over 4 hours battery life, e.g. dell Inspiron 7995 which as 10 hours battery, because I think it using Intel in-built GPU when on battery power, which I think some other brands may do but I am struggling to find one with a 970M.
I don't need to game when on battery, only web browse and use documents, when not at my PC, but it isn't the biggest issue as i have a thin laptop for that stuff as well, it would just be nice.