Which headphones should I get?

Lukeplo

Honorable
Aug 6, 2013
I need a better audio system than my turtle beach XL1's with converters to go into my PC! Basically I need headphones (for gaming and music), a mic (for skype, steam chat and for some videos in the future) and a sound card if needed! Basically I need help from some audiophiles about which headphones to get, as I can just get a cheap mic for now! All I need is good sound quality so that I can hear where people are and make me more immersed. Money wise I have about £120 plus £40 for amazon, but bear in mind I don't plan on being broke because I need to buy some of the new games coming out soon!
Thanks for reading, please leave your experiences and ideas! Bye!

andrew_berge

Honorable
Apr 29, 2013
What style do you prefer?
In-ear monitors, ear buds, over ear (open or closed), circumaural (open or closed).

If you don't know what those mean, you should do some research and figure out exactly what you want.
For instance, if you're going to be talking while wearing them, you might decide against closed sets, since they have the same effect as plugging your ears (you hear yourself a lot).

You should also figure out what sound you like. If you want more or less bass, midrange and treble.

Lukeplo

Honorable
Aug 6, 2013
Thanks! I'm always on skype or steam chat with friends, so I will need open sets. I also decided on over ear because they look the most comfy! So what kind of open over ears are there for my budget? I also need a mic though. Would a sound card make a difference? I just like a deep bass that can make my ears vibrate haha, I'm open to any suggestions! Thankyou!