RAZER BlackShark 3.5mm Connector Circumaural Expert 2.0 Gaming Headset
or
RAZER Carcharias 3.5mm Connector Circumaural Professional Gaming Headset
or
Corsair Vengeance 1500 USB Connector Circumaural Dolby 7.1 Gaming Headset
or
Logitech G35

Solution
the razer kraken was designed to be extremely comfortable, and the blackshark was designed to be extremely comfortable and have unbelievable sound quality and sound isolation. don't get me wrong, they both have extremely good quality and isolation, but the blackshark will be better from the standpoint of comfort, quality, and general headphone specs. the kraken however, will be almost as good and also have virtual surround sound built in. i would go for the black shark headphones, and use them with this awesome software to virtualise the 7.1 surround on them: http://www.razerzone.com/surround . it really works very well. they will also be ligher.

joshj2398

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013

Sound quality, comfortable, and light to medium weight.

ryan27968

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013
the razer kraken was designed to be extremely comfortable, and the blackshark was designed to be extremely comfortable and have unbelievable sound quality and sound isolation. don't get me wrong, they both have extremely good quality and isolation, but the blackshark will be better from the standpoint of comfort, quality, and general headphone specs. the kraken however, will be almost as good and also have virtual surround sound built in. i would go for the black shark headphones, and use them with this awesome software to virtualise the 7.1 surround on them: http://www.razerzone.com/surround . it really works very well. they will also be ligher.

Solution

joshj2398

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013

Great thank you so much!

AMKANMBA

Honorable
Oct 3, 2012

sorry to say this, but the surround sound software is nothing compared to the virtual 7.1 in the razer kraken 7.1; the software is good to a certain extent only.

Steve79

Honorable
Dec 5, 2013

I was under the impression the Kraken 7.1's use the exact same virtual 7.1 Razer Surround software to power their surround effect...after all unless you download synapse to use the Razer Surround software the Krakens remain simply stereo, they have no soundcard dongle or built in processing so I would suggest your information is wrong. I have both and cant say I can tell the difference.

xDarkxIdealsx

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013

Sorry to necro the thread, but i'd like to point out if that was the case that any razer headphones can be hooked up to software and made 7.1 then razer would've surely stopped selling their 7.1 virtual surround products since nobody would buy them, as the only advantage they had was surround sound.

TRENDING THREADS