Ramilahmadov

Estimable
Sep 8, 2014
Hello,
So I recently got myself inside audio industry. I mean, I saw on youtube that real high-end headphones(such as Sennheiser, bose, sony, beats and etc) are way superior to any headsets(such as Logitech G933, Corsair Void Pro Wireless and other virtual 7.1 high-end headsets which I currently own). I got this headsets mainly being impressed by their eye-catching and convincing advertisements of various aspects of their products, which are actually not as important as the actual audio quality. I am currently using Logitech G933 as wireless 7.1 headset, Razer leviathan 5.1 sound bar and Blue Yeti microphone, all connected to my motherboard(MSI Z370 Godlike Gaming). I got myself into too much research and information about different headphones, sound cards amp/dac units and eventually got really confused on what should I purchase. As far as I understood amp/dac and soundcards works only with analog jack, but not with USB, right? Because many headsets nowadays are connected via USB as for the ones I own, especially the wireless ones. I also found out that open-back headphones are the best for sound clarity and quality. So amp/dac are made the best use of with such headphones?
My main purpose is to get the best audio quality/clarity and immersiveness(7.1 surround if worth it) for mainly gaming and partially music and videos/movies. Besides Logitech G933, which I really love, I own Razer Leviathan 5.1 surround sound bar. So I would like to get the best possible audio out of it. I am planning to get Logitech g560 speakers as well or any other(any suggestion would be highly appreciated as well!). Therefore I thought I could benefit from a soundcard or amp/dac unit for both my headphones and speakers.

I am thinking about GSX 1000 with either Sennheiser HD 660s or PXC 550 or Momentum 2.0 or maybe any other (any suggestion would be highly appreciated). The question is whether either of these headphones are going to work with/benefit from this unit? I am new to this kind of stuff as I mentioned above, but as far as i understand, dac/amp works only headphones connected with analog jack (but the latter 2 are wireless, so won’t even work with any dac/amp or soundcard???), and not with USB wireless headsets(like my logitech G933). Also, would my razer leviathan 5.1 soundbar or other speakers benefit from this or other amp/dac or soundcard unit(connected through 3.5 mm jack)? I know that other amp/dac could provide better audio clarity than GSX 1000, as this unit is for gaming, but is this difference really noticeable?

I kindly ask you to clarify my thoughts and provide me with the truths regarding audio world. Which headphones should I get(up to 500 pounds)? Are open-back headphones really worth the opportunity cost of wireless convenience I am used to? And Which amp/dac or soundcard(up to 300£) should I pair with this headphone, which would also be compatible with soundbar/speakers(up to 200-300 pounds). Or should I just don’t bother?
I am currently using Logitech G933 as wireless 7.1 headset, Razer leviathan 5.1 sound bar and Blue Yeti microphone, all connected to MSI Z370 Godlike Gaming. I am living in London, UK.

Thank you very much in advance. Any suggestions are highly appreciated.