Solved! Which is the best widescreen TV?

fabled

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2010
Im buying a new TV that I will connect to my laptop through HDMI all the time

I use 1920x1080 resolution on my laptop, would that look good on the TV?

what properties I should look at in the TV? besides the HDMI,widescreen and full HD

planning to put about 2k dollar on it or a bit more

im going to be watching movies and playing games on it, going to also buy surround audio system

this look good, what do you think
http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/tv-video/televisions/plasma-tv/PN58C590G4FXZA/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail&tab=spec

3d-ready would be good too

Solution
I would try and see the TV in person before spending $2K on it, but plasma is still the best for HD movies IMO. Cnet.com rates the Panasonic Viera TC-P50VT25 as the best plasmas available and they also include 3D models.

Personally I have a 50" Pioneer Kuro Elite plasma that was top-rated 2 years ago, and it is absolutely stunning when watching Avatar on Blu-Ray. I also have it as my gaming monitor but I usually stick with my Dell 2707 LCD monitor for ordinary stuff like web browsing, etc.

I also have a 7.1 surround sound system (Onkyo AV receiver, Klipsch reference bookshelf speakers for the front, Klipsch Synergy quintets for center & surround & surround-back, and Klipsch 350 watt subwoofer). The Onk has 5 HDMI inputs and an HDMI...

fazers_on_stun

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2006
I would try and see the TV in person before spending $2K on it, but plasma is still the best for HD movies IMO. Cnet.com rates the Panasonic Viera TC-P50VT25 as the best plasmas available and they also include 3D models.

Personally I have a 50" Pioneer Kuro Elite plasma that was top-rated 2 years ago, and it is absolutely stunning when watching Avatar on Blu-Ray. I also have it as my gaming monitor but I usually stick with my Dell 2707 LCD monitor for ordinary stuff like web browsing, etc.

I also have a 7.1 surround sound system (Onkyo AV receiver, Klipsch reference bookshelf speakers for the front, Klipsch Synergy quintets for center & surround & surround-back, and Klipsch 350 watt subwoofer). The Onk has 5 HDMI inputs and an HDMI pass-through-capable output, so I connect the PC and my PS3 to the inputs and the Pioneer to the output. Fairly awesome gaming experience esp. if you sit only 4 feet away from the TV - sorta like Eyefinity except without all those bezels breaking up the picture :).

Solution

fabled

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2010
Thanks alot for the info

I have browsed alot of sites and only plasma TVs I liked so far are Samsung's
which brand is the best nowdays? Samsung or Panasonic

The new series from Samsung , 8 series is pretty awsome