Which laptop is the better 2-in-1? Dell Inspiron or HP Convertible?

Tom_22_

Estimable
Oct 13, 2015
Which is a better buy and which processor is faster?

The Dell Inspiron 7000 2-in-1 15 inch latop. It has a core i5-5200 at 2.2GHz, 8 gigs of ram, and 1 terabyte hard drive. Also a gorgeous screen for $850 (Canadian).

Here: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/dell-dell-inspiron-15-6-laptop-foggy-night-intel-core-i5-5200u-1tb-hdd-8gb-ram-windows-8-1-i7558-5510blk/10377666.aspx?path=bc24dd734577f7154904704f8266a8c5en02

Or the HP Convertible x360. 13.3 inches. It has an i3-6100 at 2.3 GHz, 6 gigs of ram and 500 gig hard drive for $799.

Here: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/hewlett-packard-hp-13-3-touchscreen-convertible-laptop-silver-intel-core-i3-6100u-6th-gen-500gb-hdd-6gb-ram-win10-13-s138ca/10393987.aspx?path=6f939560d1146126ab49de5df6cc5bf5en02

Both look great and have great speakers. The additional hard drive space on the Dell isn't a major plus for me. I don't play many games, and nothing hard core and i don't do any video editing. Will one be more future proof? Is one a better purchase? I've purchased the HP and have been using it now for 3 days. I'm having some issues already after 3 days with Mcaffee telling me about several unwanted programs (I've downloaded a few programs such as skype, dropbox, audacity, kindle, VLC but I don't image they are a problem) . Also Yahoo has hijacked my chrome. Whenever I do a google search it reroutes to Yahoo despite my default being google. Those issues alone are making me wonder about the machine. I imagine it's just software though and hopefully an easy fix.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Solution
The Hp has the better processor and Integrated Graphics. Since you already have the one I would try, I'd suggest uninstalling McAffe, everything yahoo (homepage, assistant, accelerator...), all the bloatware hp gives you... Dont forget to install your favorite Antivirus.

popatim

Splendid
The Hp has the better processor and Integrated Graphics. Since you already have the one I would try, I'd suggest uninstalling McAffe, everything yahoo (homepage, assistant, accelerator...), all the bloatware hp gives you... Dont forget to install your favorite Antivirus.

Solution
The i5-5200u is the more powerful CPU because it can Turbo Boost up to 2.7GHz while the max clockspeed for the i3-6100u is 2.3GHz. However, for everyday purposes you should not be able to tell the difference. The new Intel HD 520 graphics core should be more powerful than the Intel HD 5500, but I have not seen any benchmarks for it yet. Again, for everyday purposes you should be able to tell the difference.

Yahoo will hi-jack your borrower usually when you install free software. You need to pay attention when installing software to make sure no other "optional" bloatware is installed. I am not familiar with Chrome, but it is possible to which back to Google as your default search engine. You need to search for how to do it. It happened to me once in FireFox, the fix was simple.

Uninstall McAffe. There are plenty of free antivirus programs out there. I use Avast! Free it is pretty good, but it recently got somewhat annoying where you get notifications from time to time which encourages you to upgrade to the paid version. I probably get these types of notifications once per week which is not bad, but I was used to not seeing them at all until it is time to renew my free 1 year service or when there is a major update.