Which Laptop should I buy Asus X442UF - FA006T or Asus FX503VD-E4099T?

Dec 10, 2018
Which laptop should I get? I found two laptops that are within my price range but has different specs. I'm looking for the one with a better performance in processing huge data (maybe around 100 to 200 GB) in a software, specifically ArcGIS. Here are the specs:

Asus X442UF - FA006T/ Core i7-8550U / 4GB / 1TB 5400RPM SATA HDD / NVIDIA MX130 2GB GDDR5 / 14.0" (16:9) LED backlit FHD (1920x1080) 60Hz Anti-Glare Panel with 45% NTSC

Asus FX503VD-E4099T/ Core i5-7300HQ / 4GB / 1TB SSHD / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4GB GDDR5 VRAM / LED backlit FHD (1920x1080) Anti-Glare (16:9) Panel with 45% NTSC 15.6" 60Hz

I'm not sure yet but I'm thinking on upgrading the RAM to 8GB if ever.

Thank you!

Solution
I'm sorry. I have a hard time with PH when it comes to computer stuff online.

So I can't offer you a suggestion for a laptop and can only provide feedback on the two options you've provided.

When it comes to those two options, the i7 is going to be the bigger, better, and faster processor.

4GB of RAM is really small and I would highly suggest against buying anything with that little of RAM.
8GB is the minimum I would recommend.

With 4GB of RAM you will have enough for light programs and running the OS, but it will hurt your performance in any heavy applications or even gaming which is why 8GB is the minimum myself and others here would recommend you have.

xSimply1337x

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
I'm sorry. I have a hard time with PH when it comes to computer stuff online.

So I can't offer you a suggestion for a laptop and can only provide feedback on the two options you've provided.

When it comes to those two options, the i7 is going to be the bigger, better, and faster processor.

4GB of RAM is really small and I would highly suggest against buying anything with that little of RAM.
8GB is the minimum I would recommend.

With 4GB of RAM you will have enough for light programs and running the OS, but it will hurt your performance in any heavy applications or even gaming which is why 8GB is the minimum myself and others here would recommend you have.

Solution

xSimply1337x

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014

not true. Price and availability of products in the Phillipines is vastly different to most other places in the world.
A lot of times, you are extremely limited in your choices and the prices for these choices is usually higher than elsewhere in the world.

xSimply1337x

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014

my bad. Misread.
I didn't see the part where you say you "assume" they could do better implying that you aren't 100% certain they could.
The way you worded it though came off in a kind of you know for certain sort of way.
Which perhaps you might if you are familiar with the PC market in PH.

Dec 10, 2018
It's true that there are very limited choices in Laptop in PH especially with my given price range. You'd have to fork out more money to get better choices for a laptop. This is also why I had a difficult time looking for laptops with specs along this price range.