Which laptop should I choose, assistants required

LukeSkelton

Estimable
May 12, 2014
Hello everyone,

Im just curious for some information on which laptop would be the more recommended laptop, it would be my first high performance laptop but not PC.

Im struggling to pick between:
Alienware 17 R4
Aorus X5 v7-CF1
Razer Blade 1060
MSI GT73VR

Any information would be great, hoping to make a decision by tomorrow.

Thank you.

LaFaye_58

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017

depending on what you plan to use it for,
Aorus X5 v7-CF1 seems to be more pricey. but for the price this would be the top performer in my opinion

but if it was me choosing, Hands down: Razer Blade 1060 (but then im partial to Razer stealth pro)

LukeSkelton

Estimable
May 12, 2014

My current plan is to use it for gaming whilst travelling whilst I do my training for my new job. However, I had read that the Razer Blade is prone to overheating and being loud. Has it ever been an issue for yourself?

LaFaye_58

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017
My current plan is to use it for gaming whilst travelling whilst I do my training for my new job. However, I had read that the Razer Blade is prone to overheating and being loud. Has it ever been an issue for yourself?

I know that any laptop is subject to overheating even during casual use, however if your a hardcore MMO gamer then you'll also need a quality laptop cooler, I myself have a T5 cooler pad this keeps my laptop cool. so no matter what you choose make sure you get a cooler pad that has 5 fans on it . other then that i suggest you read all reviews on all the laptops you have listed so that you make a choice that is right for you and worth the price. I myself do not own a Razer stealth pro but this would be my Gaming laptop choice. and if its said to run hot and loud its cause there not keeping it cool. you need to take care of your laptop in order for it to last long.

LukeSkelton

Estimable
May 12, 2014
So I have narrowed it down to be between two laptops. The Alienware 17 R4 1080 and the MSI GT73VR Nvidia SLI GTX 1070. Both great laptops both with great power and components but is the extra graphics card worth it against the branding and extra mobility?

Alienware 17 R4 - This has good cooling and a chassis is the best.
Aorus X5 v7-CF1- Useful if you need power and portability but is very loud.
Razer Blade 1060 - Same as the Auros.
MSI GT73VR - A proper desktop replacemen, heavy but should have the best cooling due to its size and thickness.

Also is the alienware the max q version or the normal one.

LukeSkelton

Estimable
May 12, 2014

The Alienware model would be the max q version. The idea of a desktop replacement would be good but it wouldn't really be ideal for travelling. However, I could be wrong.

LaFaye_58

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017

LaFaye_58

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017
each laptop that you have chosen has its own special qualities in each build
MSI is good for basic gaming and is VR ready if you plan to go VR
Aleinware is also VR ready( id choose this one over MSI) for VR only though
Blade basic gamin much like MSI gaming
Aorus is the top pick . Gaming built VR ready has SSD, Quality GPU,Pricey but worth it. inlcudes to Fans for Cooling.

My Suggestion for you would be : Aorus X5 v7-CF1