Which laptop should I choose from these two?

ColdBlade97

Honorable
Apr 11, 2013
I am buying a laptop for college. I need it to last at least 5 years and it needs to allow me to do some gaming, coding, light video editing, and multimedia. I can't give up my mind between these two laptops. They have the exact same price in my country.

ASUS ROG G501JW
specs:Core i7 4720HQ, 8GB DD3 RAM, 1000GB, GeForce GTX 960M, also point worth noting this is the model with 60Wh 4 cell battery not 96Wh 6 cell battery.

or

ACER V15 Nitro VN7-592G black edition
specs: Core i7 6700HQ, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 1000GB, GeForce GTX960M

I am aware that ACER has twice the RAM and never CPU (which is weaker).

My main selling points for ASUS are better battery life, and better build quality

My main selling points for ACER are better specs, and never hardware which allows DDR4 RAM.

Which one would you choose?

captaincharisma

Distinguished
one problem i find with ACER laptops now is they have integrated batteries in almost all their laptops now so that could cause headaches down the road if you start having battery issues especially since your looking for it to last a long time. but ASUS is a quality brand as well and may be be a better brand then ACER

ColdBlade97

Honorable
Apr 11, 2013

Hi. I don't really care about the GPU that much because I only play games like LoL or some older games ( I am not a huge graphic enthusiast I play games for their content). Also these laptops are already at the upper limit of my budget I will only buy 256 GB M2 SSD to put into them and that's all. Also CPU boss says that the 4720HQ had the better single core performance and better performance overall link