Which of these 2 laptops is the best?

maaymaay

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013
Hello all,

I'm on the hunt for a new laptop. I live in Uruguay so I can't really choose between a thousand laptops from Amazon or something, plus most laptops here are highly overpriced. So here are my final two options after some intensive searching:

Acer V5 552p x440 U$760
AMD A10-5757m
Radeon 8650G integrated graphics
8GB RAM
1TB HD
Touch screen

MSI CX61 U$860
Intel i5-3230m
GT 730m 2GB DDR3 dedicated graphics
4GB RAM (has 1 slot free and can hold up to 8GB)
500GB HD
(no touch screen)

The laptop will be used mainly for net surfing and light gaming (league of legends, call of duty 4 and skyrim).

I believe the MSI will run better overall, am I correct? If so, do the differences on the perfomance cover the $100 dollars gap? Thank you in advance!

Solution
The MSI is a better choice, but this depends on how much you value the touch screen and the extra hard drive space.

The MSI is probably better for gaming, but the Acer will be better for general office use, due to its higher amount of ram, which will allow you to do more things at once.

bradsctt

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
The MSI is a better choice, but this depends on how much you value the touch screen and the extra hard drive space.

The MSI is probably better for gaming, but the Acer will be better for general office use, due to its higher amount of ram, which will allow you to do more things at once.

Solution