Which one the winner between Asus N56VZ versus G53SW

saiamrock

Honorable
Nov 6, 2013
hey guys, need a help here, i'm planning to buy a refurbished notebook for gaming but confusing of choosing which one is better between ASUS N56VZ versus G53SW
the N56VZ armed with Nvidia GeForce GT 650M 2GB and the G53VZ using GTX 460M 1.5GB, both have core i7 processor and 8GB RAM but the G53SW have an older generation processor(sandy Bridge) while N56VZ is ivy Bride, which one is the winner?

for your references this sites said that the GT 650M is better
http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php?gid=689&gid2=433&compare=geforce-gt-650m-vs-geforce-gtx-460m
http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-460M-vs-GeForce-GT-650M

i'm also planning to upgrade them after buying(if possible) so does the G53SW/N56VZ upgradeable on its processor and GPU?

thanks in advance

Solution

IMHO, if you read the comparisons via the first link, they are both identical they average the same and in that case if they are identical then I would go with the cheaper solution.
At this point its like comparing Granny Smith apples to Golden Delicious apples.

elmo2006

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009

It seems that one is not really better than the other and with the two choices, it now comes down to money - basically the cheaper unit.
You mention these are notebooks so you will not be able to upgrade the GPU or the processors for that matter.

Laptop CPU and GPU upgrades are stupidly expensive because parts are usually sold online. You can't go buy them at a store, they only come from dead laptops that have been stripped down for parts.

Just buy the laptop you want, rather than trying to buy one and think about upgrading it. Laptop upgrades for CPU and GPU are limited by the BIOS and usually only allow you to upgrade to whatever the maximum available for that model at the time.

Example, lets say laptop ABC at the time it was sold had an option for an I3 or I5 CPU and 620m, or 640m GPU. You buy the I3/620m model. Providing you can find the parts, you can upgrade to the same I5/640m that was offered on that model, as the BIOS is built to support all the same models available for sale. Usually though, because of power limits/thermal limits, and most importantly though, the BIOS, you can't slap an I7/760m into the unit. It's not designed for it and usually won't support it.

Buying a laptop to upgrade the CPU/GPU isn't a good idea.

elmo2006

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009

IMHO, if you read the comparisons via the first link, they are both identical they average the same and in that case if they are identical then I would go with the cheaper solution.
At this point its like comparing Granny Smith apples to Golden Delicious apples.

Solution