Which phone should i buy.. iPhone 4 8GB with 3G network or Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE?

Sep 30, 2013
I want to buy a phone and I'm stuck between the iPhone 4 8GB (with 3G network) or the Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE.

So I need your help. Which one should i buy and why?

They are both priced about the same, but I just cant decide which one I should get and which one is the best option for the money. I need them both for the web and would use the camera often. The Samsung is actually on sale. It is originally priced higher than the iphone 4, but I dont know if it is the better phone. So I need help in choosing.

Here are the links to the site in which I am buying the phones off of:

iphone:
http://www.virginmobileusa.com/shop/cell-phones/iPhone4-8GB-white-phone/features/

samsung:
http://www.virginmobileusa.com/shop/cell-phones/samsung-galaxy-victory-4G-LTE-phone/features/

Just so you know, I have been using an old $20 flip phone for the past 5 years and have no experience to base my decision off of. However, I'm good with gadgets and computers, so I don't care for the easier to use phone. Just looking for the better of the two.

Thank You =)

Solution

WesleyBishop

Honorable
Sep 25, 2013

Checkout this comparison

A few observations I made
1. The galaxy is 2 years newer than the iPhone 4
2. The Galaxy device is 4g LTE and the iPhone 4 is 3g this is a HUGE deal 3g being much much much slower than 4g LTE.
3.Galaxy has MicroSD slot iPhone 4 does not so you can not expand memory which is not cool.
4. Galaxy has 1gb ram the iPhone has 512mb ram that is half the ram not looking good for the iPhone so far.
5. Dual core 1.2 ghz processor for the Galaxy and a Single Core 1.2ghz for the iPhone so that means iPhone has half the processing power of the Galaxy.
6.BATTERY iPhone has a Non-removable Li-Po 1420 mAh battery and the Galaxy has a Li-Ion 2100 mAh battery removable so if you wanted to buy a backup battery to keep with you you can but not with the iPhone which has a smaller battery.

So overall I think the Galaxy is a huge win the score being Galaxy 6 and iPhone 0

Solution
Sep 30, 2013

Thank You!! That was very helpful.

One last question, the iphone has an 8GB internal storage and the Samsung Victory has 4GB, is that a huge factor? Or not really considering you can buy memory for the Victory?

WesleyBishop

Honorable
Sep 25, 2013

not really because you can expand it by another 32gb with a card. I just bought a 32gb micro SD for $12 yesterday.

Sep 30, 2013

Okay, thank you so much for your help. It appears that the Samsung Victory would be the wiser choice here. Can't wait to finally have a good phone.

Thanks again :)

WesleyBishop

Honorable
Sep 25, 2013

no problem :)