Which Sound Card for DT990 PRO Headphones?

TheEarthAreFlat

Estimable
Nov 18, 2015
I'm looking for a Sound Card to use with my Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO (250 OHM) Headphones.

They will be used for gaming, so I think a Sound Card with a good built-in amplifier is better than a separate Amp/DAC. Do you agree?

Here are two possibilities, but I'm open to other suggestions and have a flexible budget if it means better audio quality.

Asus Xonar Essence STX II

Creative Sound Blaster ZxR

Could you also try to limit your suggestions to sound cards/amps/DACs that are available on a UK store? I've had a very hard time finding recommended amps and DACs in the UK.

Solution
The Element is brand new. It's not very tested but it's spec sheet is better than the o2+oDAC. I've seen some people post short reviews and it looks solid.

It's probably the sweetest looking DAC + AMP on the market. I think it's safe to say it's better than the Xonar but we won't know for sure until extensive reviews come out.

If I were in your position, I would buy it. The manufacturer has a good history of it's own products and you really cannot beat the look of that thing.

TheEarthAreFlat

Estimable
Nov 18, 2015

I've seen those recommended when researching this, but I'm having a hard time finding a place to buy them in the UK. Do you know where I could find one? Or do you have another suggestion? Thanks for the quick response.

thor220

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009

That's pretty awful. They don't list all the specs but what's there is even worse than the Asus Xonar Essence STX II. Signal to noise should be at least 124 Db.

TheEarthAreFlat

Estimable
Nov 18, 2015

I thought so, thanks.

Would The Element be a better choice than O2+ODAC?

thor220

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
The Element is brand new. It's not very tested but it's spec sheet is better than the o2+oDAC. I've seen some people post short reviews and it looks solid.

It's probably the sweetest looking DAC + AMP on the market. I think it's safe to say it's better than the Xonar but we won't know for sure until extensive reviews come out.

If I were in your position, I would buy it. The manufacturer has a good history of it's own products and you really cannot beat the look of that thing.

Solution

TheEarthAreFlat

Estimable
Nov 18, 2015

It looks amazing, thanks for the help. I'll probably end up buying The Element after I've mentally prepared myself for the dent in my bank balance. :lol: