Jul 14, 2018
Hi fellows,
Recently my receiver/amp spoiled as it won't turn on. I have the Sony Cmt Dx400 micro Hifi comes with tweeter and woofer.
Left with few options
1. Creative Sound Blaster Kratos S5 gaming speaker
2. Logitech Z623/625
3. Sony HT-S100f soundbar
4. Sony XB20/30 (will be plugging in 24/7 as I am using it as desktop speaker)
5. Sony SS-CS5 speaker + a cheap 3rd party amp (around 30) due to out of budget
6. Sony Micro Hifi Cmt SBT20
7. Replace the receiver with cheap 3rd party amp (around 30), will the audio quality same as original?
8. Edifier R1280t
Which 1 you guys think has the best sound, mainly use it for listening to music's on desktop. Prefer clean, clear and crisp sound and treble but not subwoofer.

Thank you

Solution
If you were happy with the sound quality before I would go for option 7. The amp in the Sony wasn't so good that you can't replace it cheaply just to get sound. Just about any used stereo or av receiver you can pick up will be equal or better than the old one.
The Edifiers would be good. Better for music I think than a lot of your other options.

mikeywhelan

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017
Hey Ibwuiaa,
I've owned a set of Logitech Z623/625 myself and I couldn't fault them. Sound is crisp and the volume goes way high without interference. I can't speak for any of the other speakers but those are definitely a great choice for music.

mikeywhelan

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017

It can, it can even just be plugged out if you like. I have the say the subwoofer does do a good job though!

If you were happy with the sound quality before I would go for option 7. The amp in the Sony wasn't so good that you can't replace it cheaply just to get sound. Just about any used stereo or av receiver you can pick up will be equal or better than the old one.
The Edifiers would be good. Better for music I think than a lot of your other options.

Solution
Jul 14, 2018

Hi americanaudiophile, thanks for all the feedbacks, it really did help =D, so left with option 7 or 8.

Btw, you mean the original amp in the Sony Cmt Dx400 wasn't so good so that I can replace it with a cheap third party or the original amp is better than many cheap third party amp outside? Sorry abit confused here...
Some of the amp options:
1. Lepai LP-2020TI Texas Instruments TPA3118 Hi-Fi Stereo Audio Mini Amplifier
2. Lepy LP-2020A Hi-Fi Digital Amplifier, Mini Stereo Audio Amplifier
3. Kinter K2020A+ Limited Edition ORIGINAL Tripath TA2020-020 Class-T Hi-Fi Audio Mini Amplifier
Is the above amp better than the original?

If its not, i think will go for option 8...

Thanks Guru =D.