Which TV to buy??

Alphawhisky

Honorable
Dec 6, 2013
Hello people, i am from India and want to buy a led tv 42 inches. I have visited local shops and shortlisted two TVs. Both are Indian Brands. first is Lloyd 42UHD TV, picture quality was very nice and fast movements were very smooth. It has 4 HDMI ports and 3 USB ports,has 4k resolution and giving 5 years warranty. Second one is Videocon. Sorry i forgot to note down model no. hehehe it is full hd and dont have any extra features. just basic ones and has 3 Years warranty. Both of these TVs are very cheap like Lloyd cost 43k and Videocon cost 38k where as Sony and samsung ones cost way more..... Why are these tvs cheap ?? and if quality is almost the same like sony samsung or lg is it ok to buy one of these??? They are providing warranty too ... Confused. Thanks

Hello,

I have not used or heard of those two brands, so I can't comment on that. Chances are they are using a common panel though. In dark or dimly lit rooms watching movies or TV shows, go for a VA panel (can tell if contrast is above 1000:1, sometimes they lie about this though). And I would go with an IPS, if it's for brighter rooms where you won't notice the horrible black levels as much. If you see good support behind the TV then I would buy it and test it, can't say it sucks before you try it. ;-)

All the best!