Which voltage suppressor diode can i use on power supply board?

althor1138

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
I have a cld-d505 which "someone" plugged into the wrong socket and it blew the fuse. I've replaced the fuse and it still blows. After some research it seems that the transient voltage suppressor diode must be replaced as well and then it will operate again as long as nothing else is blown on the board. I don't even know what one of these things is really. Can i buy just any suppressor diode and replace it or do I need a specific one?

Solution
G
You can use k1v24 or k1v26 for your player . I would get it from mouser electronics . its only 1.00 plus 8.00 shipping . I just replaced my diode and I used k1v24 it was easy as pie to replace . One thing I would want to Point Out to You is to open the tray and unplug the unit . So you can get at the power supply .If you dont replace the diode you will fry the other circuit boards also from a power surge .

althor1138

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
I've now cut out the diode from the power supply board and its markings are k1v45n. The player works now but I'd like to replace the diode so it won't fry the next time it gets a surge. I can't find any info on this diode. Anyone have any ideas?

G

You can use k1v24 or k1v26 for your player . I would get it from mouser electronics . its only 1.00 plus 8.00 shipping . I just replaced my diode and I used k1v24 it was easy as pie to replace . One thing I would want to Point Out to You is to open the tray and unplug the unit . So you can get at the power supply .If you dont replace the diode you will fry the other circuit boards also from a power surge .

Solution