White dots on mitsubishi 60 inch tv screen

mrjim1

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013
About three weeks ago I started seeing white spots on my TV screen. I want to know how to fix it. I can't afford to buy a new TV. I just paid for this one....

Warpigs69

Estimable
Feb 18, 2014
Call the mitsubishi help line and tell them about the dots. They will ask you the serial number and model number , they ordered the part for me and sent it to a repair shop . All I have to do is pay 200 flat fee ..

TXgal

Estimable
Sep 17, 2014
We started with a white dot here and there and now they practically cover the whole screen and it's difficult to see the picture.

I called Mitsubishi Consumer Relations at 800-332-2119. I gave them the model number and serial number. The best they could do for me was send their service people to my house to replace the part, which they said is "free" but we have to pay $200 +tax for "labor."

We have not made up our minds, as we are considering just buying another tv--definitely not a DLP model. The white dot problem seems prevalent in several different brands of DLP models.

natosh

Estimable
Oct 15, 2014

My boyfriend just got through fixing his exact Mitsubishi 60 inch TV with white spots on the screen it was a chip the cost a few hundred dollars that you can only get through Mitsubishi customer service line onlineI'll try to have him post exactly what the name of the chip was and how much it cost when he gets home from work

woodvetch

Estimable
Oct 22, 2014
Success! Called Mitsubishi customer service - 1-800-332-2219. White dots on screen issue is the digital mirror chip costing over $250 for the part. Mitsubishi is sending the part, at no charge, to the closest authorized dealer who will come to my home, replace the bad part charging $200 for labor. My tv is the 735 series part # WD60735, 60", rear projection, purchased thru Amazon 12/2008. Yay.

Mike Brown

Estimable
Nov 26, 2014

i have a 60 inch mitsubishi tv with the same white dots everywhere, I just replaced the bulb which didn't fix the problem what causes thesse white dots and can it b fixed?