White dots on Mitsubishi screen fixed! Please read!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrbigmoneygrip

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
Hello,
We had the white dot problem. We called mitsu's 800.332.2119#. They covered ALL but $200. As soon we got off the phone with them, the local authorized service company called, came out immediately and fixed the set- in about one hour! I gladly wrote the check and am very impressed with Mitsu's service. By the way, we do not have any coverage on the set. Do yourself a favor and call Mitsubishi's service.

texoz60

Estimable
Jul 8, 2014
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU FOR THIS POST!!! I was dreading calling a repairman and had resigned myself to saving up for a new TV. I called Mitsubishi today. My TV is 5 years old and out of warranty, and sure enough they said they would cover the cost of parts and I would be responsible for $200 of labor. I called the repair facility and I will also have to pay tax. Yippee!!! I cannot wait to get it fixed!
I am so grateful for your post!

liz alex

Estimable
Jul 16, 2014
Thanks to this post, I just called Mitsubishi @800-332-2119 regarding the thousands of white dots located all over my screen. They offered me the $200 service charge deal, they cover the parts. Hope to have this television fixed in the next week. I almost threw this thing on the curb so if this fixes it.... I will be elated! Thanks!

skip angel

Estimable
Aug 5, 2014
We also had hundreds of white dots all over our 65 inch television. My husband googled the issue and found your post on this website. We called Mitsubishi and sure enough, they covered the cost of the part and we only had to pay $200 for the service call. It was quick and easy, plus a whole LOT cheaper than purchasing a new tv. Thanks so much!! :)

Rich Claussen

Estimable
Aug 9, 2014

Another happy customer! Expecting to have everything fixed within the week. I'm impressed both that Mitsubishi was so helpful *and* that the local Hillsboro, OR servicer was so prompt in reaching out. Thank you all for the advice!

Patrone242

Estimable
Aug 10, 2014
Has anyone done the repair themselves? I'm I.T. by trade and watched a youtube video and really don't think it's that hard. I just wonder if I can still get the parts from Mitsubishi.

tdcpa

Estimable
Aug 28, 2014
This solution worked for me today. My 73 inch Mitsubishi (bought in Dec 2007) developed the white dot problem. I called the # (800-332-2119) told them my serial #, purchase date, and that I had not purchased the extended warranty. They said as a gesture of goodwill, they will send the chip free of charge, and I just pay the $200 labor to have it installed.

That works for me! Thank you for this site, as I was helpless on what to do....

bcushman

Estimable
Sep 22, 2014
THANK YOU!!!!!! Had the same problem with my 65 inch Mits purchased in 2008. Got the same results as mentioned above. Great customer service and happy to pay $200 rather than having to buy a new TV.

gregn

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2011
I am glad to hear so many people had this same issue that I had show up last year. Those spots multiplied quickly on my TV, from one to two to seven to dozens in a matter of weeks. I trashed the TV and bought a modern Sharp LED set for $600. The new TV is about an inch thick, is brighter, less glare, etc. All around, it was better for me to discard the defective Mitsubishi in favor of newer tech.

Myopinion

Estimable
Oct 23, 2014
I had the same problem and they tried to give me the same response, we will cover the part just pay $200. My reply was how about I call the news and let them no you new these tv's had a defect already.... They responded how about we cover everything and send someone right over. Exactly, you shouldn't pay them a dime for there mistake

Lskolo

Estimable
Oct 25, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.