White dots on Mitsubishi screen fixed! Please read!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrbigmoneygrip

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
Hello,
We had the white dot problem. We called mitsu's 800.332.2119#. They covered ALL but $200. As soon we got off the phone with them, the local authorized service company called, came out immediately and fixed the set- in about one hour! I gladly wrote the check and am very impressed with Mitsu's service. By the way, we do not have any coverage on the set. Do yourself a favor and call Mitsubishi's service.

jsoloaka

Estimable
Feb 20, 2014

Thank you all who have posted to the Mitsubishi White Dot Forum. My husband and I have been dealing with the problem since xmas and I just called. Mitsubishi is deploying a local servicing company and I cant wait for our bedroom TV to be fixed. Ill take that 200.00 and happily fix the set!:bounce:

tswilmoth

Estimable
Mar 5, 2014
I just called today and they are also covering parts and I am only responsible for the 200.00 in labor. So glad I seen this thread!! I hope others with this issue finds this information!

Dylan Anderson

Estimable
Mar 7, 2014

Did it take u long to get through? Because I can't.

jjl80922

Estimable
Mar 11, 2014
I was done in less than 5 minutes. You have to hit 2 when they go through the roster of confusing selections. I even received the email while I was on the phone.

Register on Mitsubishi's website, that is where the data comes from.

MURPHYS

Estimable
Mar 13, 2014

THANKS FOR THE POST WE HAVE THE WHITE DOTS, AND JUST CALLED MITU'S AND THEY ARE SETTING UP THE TIME FOR THE MAN TO COME FIX IT,WE ALSO HAD 2 PRINTBOARD'S REPLACED. J,RENIGER

jjl80922

Estimable
Mar 11, 2014
The repair place just callled, they are coming out next week to fix. This place offeerd a 50/50 split on the cost. $100 when the part comes in, $100 when they fix it.

Tammy726

Estimable
Mar 15, 2014

We are having the same problem- we have white and black dots--they cover half of the TV-I tried to call Mitsubishi but it says the line is closed- Does it matter how old your TV is?

Tammy726

Estimable
Mar 15, 2014

did you ever get through to them. I can't get through to them

TheDave13

Estimable
Mar 18, 2014
Wow!! Great thread. My 65 is july 08 and same deal. 200 for labor. Mitsu is on the ball. Had one white dot 10 or so days ago now have three. Getting fixed in a couple days. I love my tv! Good for Mitsu doing us all a solid on this!!

MikeR059

Estimable
May 15, 2014

I have a Mitsubishi DLP Model WD-52725 with white dot syndrome. After reading this thread and several others, I called the number, but the rep said that my model was not included among the models for which Mitsubishi is offering assistance. Does anyone know whether the WD-52725 has the same issues as the other models that they seem to be standing behind?

Lori Guss

Estimable
Jun 4, 2014

Tammy, did you ever get through to Misu's customer service? It would not go through for me the first time...said it was closed and disconnected, but then I realized I misdialed the #. Make sure you are dialing 800-332-2119.

Lori Guss

Estimable
Jun 4, 2014
Happy to report we had the same white dot problem (grew from 1 dot to 7-8 in a matter of a couple of weeks!). I just called the 800-332-2119 number to report the problem and, like everyone else, Mitsubishi is covering the cost of the parts and I will have to cover labor of about $200. Just waiting on the local repair facility to give me a call to set up the time for them to come out. I am VERY pleased about this. Beats paying another $1000 for a new tv! :)

Jerry Bolt

Estimable
Jun 7, 2014

I tried to call yesterday and today. All I kept getting was a recording saying they are closed. Yet, when they stated their hours of operation they said they were open on Saturday and Sunday. I will try tomorrow, maybe they are only in M - F now. I hope, would like to get this fixed.

Jerry Bolt

Estimable
Jun 7, 2014
To follow up with my previous post from the weekend... It is Monday, and I called the 800-332-2119. While on hold I was told via recording that if I press 1 I could schedule a call back by the next available representative. After being on hold for a good 10 minutes I decided to give it a try. I actually received a call back approximately 5 minutes later. After explaining my situation (white dots on screen) I was offered the $200 deal without needing to ask for it. I took the deal and was asked to pick a repair place close to where I lived. I was told they would call me within 5 - 7 days due to how long it will take for them to receive the part.

In less than 5 minutes from hanging up a representative from the repair place called me. They said they keep the part in stock and that a tech could came by the next day. Due to previous plans that day, I scheduled it for the following day. The cost will be a flat $200 for the repair, part is free, no tax or extra fees.

I will let you know Wednesday how it goes. So far, so good.

Jerry Bolt

Estimable
Jun 7, 2014
Today is Wednesday, as I stated in my previous post, I would share what happened.

The tech came as scheduled and was here for less than an hour. The chip was replaced and the DOTS ARE GONE! The picture is even brighter and crisper. I only had to pay a flat $200, no tax or extra fees.

On a side note: The tech told me the chip is usually good for 4 years. He does not know if the new replacements are better. He has not had to replace any of the new ones yet, but said it is still inside the 4 year window. Take it for what its worth.

On another side note; Since purchasing my tv in 2008, I have had to replace the bulb twice and now the dlp chip. The first bulb was under warrenty. The second I purchased through ShopJimmy at a reduced price. All in all, I have spent approx. $250. Not too bad for a 6 year old tv, in an era when they are not built to last that long.

A big thank you to everyone that has shared. Your information has been a valuable resource for others, as I hope mine may also be.

With that, my journey here has ended.

gators5

Estimable
Jun 18, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.