White dots on mitsubishi tv screen

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

skrichards

Honorable
Apr 26, 2013
After reading these post I also called Mitsubishi and let me say that they were great! When I told them what the problem was they asked if we had purchased the extended warranty I told the no and they said no problem they found a repair service and made the appointment for us. It also cost us $200.00 plus tax and they were here to fix it within a week. The repair man told us to just clean it once a year to get the dust out and we should not have anymore problems. there is a small fan in there to keep the chip cooled and with the dust build up it over heats and causes the mirrors to not close properly. He even told us how to clean the screen on the inside to keep our picture bright and clear.
Thank you so much for this post glad I found it and called Mitsubishi they stand behind the products and customer service was great. We now have no more star constellations on our tv and are very happy we had someone do the repair for us who knew what they were doing for about the same price if we would have tried to do it ourselves. My suggestion call Mitsubishi customer service and get it done right by someone who know what they are doing! Thanks again for the post.

mskam93

Honorable
May 2, 2013

mskam93

Honorable
May 2, 2013
Thanks Mrbigmoneygrip!!! I hope they work with me and my tv the same way. Untill I read your answer I Was told I could pay hundreds up to a thousand to have my 57 inch fixed. I had just paid almost 300 to replace the bulb. So it has been sitting for months just taking up space. So i was getting ready to spend 200.00 for a 32 inch, I rather pay that to get my tv fixed. I got my fingerss crossed. I will post my response from Mitsubishi when I reach them tomorrow. Again Thanks!!!

XXPROPHET

Honorable
May 14, 2013
Hey folks!!! HERE'S GREAT NEWS FOR WHITE DOTS ON A MITSUBSHI 65" OR GREATER DLP FLat screen.

***************CALL MITSUBSHI CUSTOMER RELATIONS*********************TOLL FREE

THEY WILL GIVE YOU THE CHIP NEEDED TO FIX FOR FREE AND SETUP A PRE-NEGOTIATED TV REPAIR OVER THE PHONE WITH ONE OF THEIR AUTHORIZED REPAIR COMPANIES.

ALL THIS WILL COST YOU IS 200.00 PLUS TAX, SO PRICE IS $216.50 TOTAL COST TO YOU BUT ONLY IF YOU LET MITSUBSHI SETUP THE REPAIR THRU THEIR TOLL FREE LINE.

NO - YOU DON'T NEED ANY EXTENDED WARRANTY FOR 500.00
NO SELF BOUGHT CHIP FOR UPWARDS OF 300.00
NO TIME OF YOUR OWN LOST

I'M HAVING MINE FIXED RIGHT NOW TODAY 73" 1080P WD73734 DLP
FOR ONLY 216.50, NEW MITSUBSHI CHIP, SENT BY MITSUBSHI TO THE REPAIR PERSON AND VIOLA......IF YOU HAVE THIS PROBLEM i SUGGEST YOU CALL MITSUBSHI TOLL FREE CUSTOMER RELATIONS AND THEY WILL HAVE YOUR TV FIXED FOR UNDER 220.00....NO HIDDEN COSTS!!!! ALL AUTHORIZED MITSUBSHI PARTS AND APPROVED LABOR

HOPE THIS HELPS FOLKS

mskam93

Honorable
May 2, 2013
Ok I got my tv fixed today!!! Thanks again mrbigmoneygrip. I think you need to be Mitsubishi repair representative. Now with that said, I am thankful my tv is fixed however the repair only took 15 mins which I really think 200.00 was a bit extreme!! They led me to believe it would take at least 2 hrs to repair because of a lot of screws and stuff but nope the repair guy was in and out in 15 mins or less. Let's just hope this will last for a few years, because I will not put another dollar in this tv it's becoming a money pit. Mitsubishi knew this would happen therefor I don't think none of us should have been charged a dime. Glad I wasn't charged taxed! Tv finally working after replacing the bulb and getting rid of "star wars"!

Big TV Man

Honorable
May 22, 2013
It is true. Just call Mitsubishi 800-332-2119 and tell them you have white, black or blinking dots (all pixel problems with the chip) and they will look up authorized repair service (they asked me which I wanted to use I had 2 choices) the repair center called me the same day to set up a time for service and the part should be in next week. I will pay $200 plus tax and that was it. No questions except for the model and serial number and address and the set it up. Fantastic customer service. I would buy another Mitsubishi TV. The cause of the problem is the DLP chip which there was a bad run and that was Texas Instruments fault not Mitsubishi. There was no asking for a supervisor just handled by the first rep to answer the phone. Now that is customer service. I know a TV should last longer than 2-3 years without a problem but most companies do not have this level of customer service. Hats off to Mitsubishi and Thank you Mrbigmoneygrip

Chuck green

Honorable
Jun 2, 2013
I called today. They are open 7days a week, shorter hours on Sunday. I was given the name of the local installer and was told it will take 5 to 7 business days for the installer to receive the part and to expect a call after he receives the chip. No hassles. No jumping through hoops. For $200+tax I'd rather have the installer do the work. Great service.

danielswoboda

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013
Thank you so much for mentioning the safety switch and having to put the TV completely back together when trying to test the new chip. That just saved me countless hours of wife nagging and why I really broke the TV this time!!! :bounce:

AERUIX

Honorable
Aug 9, 2013
Just called a few minutes ago. As mentioned above phone number and $200 fee, I will get the authorized Mitsubishi repair folks to fix the white spots on my WD65833 DLPTV. Thank you for this tip.

Gern Blansten

Honorable
Aug 12, 2013
wow....good info here. I'm on hold with Mitsubishi right now.

Glad I called....I was ready to order the chip and try to do it myself. $200 and I'm getting a pro to do it

thank you to everyone who posted!!!!

I have a 65" WD-65733

BenjiMaxwell1

Honorable
Aug 20, 2013
Make sure you put the back cover on after installing the DMD chip before turning on or else the tv won't power on and you will think that you broke the tv while installing the DMD chip. There is a safety switch that prevents the tv from turning on without the back cover on.

torickg

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013

torickg

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
Wow, thank you so much for the info. I've been dreading having to work on my TV myself. Today I called Mitsubishi and yes, they send my new part to an authorized repair facility for free and I only pay #200.. for the repair. Thank you again. Oh, and my TV is 6 years old without extended warranty.

Estokes

Honorable
Aug 22, 2013
I have a Mitsubishi WD 60735, It's just a little over 4 years old. A few months ago I noticed one white dot and figured it was a pixel gone bad. Within a few days the one white dot turned to 3, then 20 then what looks like hundreds.. Also sometime during the white dots multiplying I had a few black spots shooting up with the same outcome as the white ones. Now 3 months later I have what looks like hundreds of white spots and twice as many black spots.

I called Best Buy who I purchased the tv from with no help at all because I am out of warranty. So after reading this forum and seen where several of y'all contacted Mitsubishi with positive results I figured what the heck all they can say to me is no, your tv is out of warranty.. To my Surprise the polite guy I talked to told me it is out of mfg warranty however Mitsubishi will give me the parts I need for No cost and will have a repair man come out to me to fix the tv at a flat cost of $200. no more no less! So for just a little more than the part would have cost me Mitsubishi will send a professional out to repair my set...

I am 46 yrs old and I can't remember Ever a company take responsibility and give such great service when they did not have to. after all I was out of warranty and chose not to purchase the extended warranty.

So people if you are experiencing this issue and felt at a lost please call Mitsubishi and explain the problem, it is true that they will help take care of the issue regardless of being out of warranty.

Ben M

Honorable
Oct 5, 2013
Great post. Thanks. I contacted Mitsubishi customer service on September 30 and 5 days later local TV repair place came over with new DMD chip supplied by Mitsubishi and fixed my TV for $200 even

Earline

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013