hadreth

Estimable
Aug 12, 2015
Hi,

I purchased a new headset yesterday, its the logitech G633, and it's making static noise. But it onley makes static noise when its is plugged in trough USB and not via 3.5mm Jack.

I've tried different USB ports, and its still the same. Even when its conected to my PS4 its makes a static noise.

Does anyone have any tips for me to try?

Solution

I've tried different USB port on my friends pc. but that didn't have any affect. So I went back to the store and tried to get it replaced but this was the Las one. Now I got my money back and still no idea what it...

SoggyTissue

Prominent
Jun 27, 2017
usb has more internal magnetic interference and your headset is so sensitive, its picking it up.

stick to the 3.5mm if theres no static (which there shouldnt be as the 3.5mm will be partially shielded from em).

hadreth

Estimable
Aug 12, 2015

Oke. i get what you're saying. But USB is letting me use it's leds. which is nice to have. part of the reason I boughed it. as I have the rest from Logitech aswell. Would a better insulated USB cable resolve the issue? And can it be related with that I'm using 3.1 and the site says USB 2.0? I only have USB 3.1 and 3.0... so idk where I can test that.

So if the USB is giving interfirence. how come my old headset the G35 didn't have any issues?

thanks for the reply!

SoggyTissue

Prominent
Jun 27, 2017
depends on the sensitivity and shielding the usb plug might have .... could have faulty shielding, or overly sensitive usb. both would cause your symptoms.

usb 3 headset into a usb 2 port should have backwards compatibility.
usb 2 headset into a usb 3 port may get audible hum due to the increased amps the usb 3 can deliver (that would also suggest you got a cheap or faulty usb socket failing to detect usb 2 device).

hadreth

Estimable
Aug 12, 2015
I will try to figure out if my pc recognize that it's 2.0. to bad I don't have any 2.0 sockets on my mobo tough. Or else I could try that. mabey a USB 3.1 to 2.0 converter/hub might work? Or is that guarantees to have some sort of distorion?

What do you thing about that?

SoggyTissue

Prominent
Jun 27, 2017
to be honest, ive not looked at or seen usb 3 to usb 2 converters (if they exist or not). i do know this is one reason why people like to by a sound controller, to eliminate as much em as posssible before headphone speakers.

hadreth

Estimable
Aug 12, 2015

Yeah I guess a 2.0 hub can be what I need. I will take both of my headsets to a friend tomorrow and then try the usb 2.0 port..

if it still makes a soft static noise I will return the product. Becuase I've payed way to much for this thing to make noise... I'll let you know how it went..

hadreth

Estimable
Aug 12, 2015

I've tried different USB port on my friends pc. but that didn't have any affect. So I went back to the store and tried to get it replaced but this was the Las one. Now I got my money back and still no idea what it was. thanks alot for your help tough! I appreciate it!

Solution