Who Designed This Crap? The Great Ipod Scam

Page 16 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

M_S

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2006
Because nobody was talking about iTunes. Everyone was talking about the iPod specificallly and most DAPs in general. It's a kludge to workaround the fact that the iPod cannot play back albums, including those purchased off iTunes (like The Wall that you bought for someone)

You are wrong, I mentioned iTunes. stop stating things that are inaccurate, you do that alot.

Not Wiki doens't mirror what you say. In fact, under gapless, the only way the ipod is a solution is if you install different firmware from Rockbox. Once you change the firmware, it's not really Apples solution anymore.

Read it again (quote would be nice, as it's tough to take your word for it) and you will see that it does.

troll troll troll troll. Troll Troll Troll Troll. TROLL M_S IS A TROLL

and this is all you can come up with to counter the rest?

pathetic

M_S

M_S

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2006
So, I guess that Itunes is a "feature" of the Ipod. Just like WMP is a "feature" of the U10. Your statements are definately contrived, I have read your earlier posts, but I tried to filter all the crap out. I don't need to be spoon fed, you just need to do some work for yourself.

M_S, if this is a feature, it's a pretty old one as this is a very old practice, it's not only on Itunes. Itunes is not a feature, it's a program. Joining tracks is not old. "Implemented", implemented in the program, yes. Does your lovely Ipod force you to join tracks if you seek gapless, yes. It's a workaround because it is the use of 3rd party software to join tracks together. Your Ipod doesn't do that by default. If you seek gapless, you are forced to join tracks, I guess I'm fortunate that I don't have to go through this tedious task and still have gapless.

Joining tracks is not a feature of iTunes?

That is what I am reading from you, if this is not true please counter.

M_S

M_S

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2006
I said that was a deal breaker for me and man others (or something like that) and thats what he was replying to.

Once again, completely incorrect in your assumption that was my gripe. I spelled it out simply. You don't understand it no matter how I state it. That's fine, I can live with that.

To M_S, if one claimed that a CD player that put gaps between songs couldn't play Dark Side of the moon without putting gaps between songs, he'd say, "Yes it can, if you concatenate all the files together, it will play it without gaps. You're misleading the public."

"concatenate" is that even a word?

Why are you discussing CD players?

How did I mislead the public? I only told the whole truth.

M_S

nilepez

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
Because nobody was talking about iTunes. Everyone was talking about the iPod specificallly and most DAPs in general. It's a kludge to workaround the fact that the iPod cannot play back albums, including those purchased off iTunes (like The Wall that you bought for someone)

You are wrong, I mentioned iTunes. stop stating things that are inaccurate, you do that alot.

Guess what Troll, I never mentioned iTunes. You did. iTunes is software. An iPod is hardware.

Not Wiki doens't mirror what you say. In fact, under gapless, the only way the ipod is a solution is if you install different firmware from Rockbox. Once you change the firmware, it's not really Apples solution anymore.

Read it again (quote would be nice, as it's tough to take your word for it) and you will see that it does.

How about this one
Unfortunately, as of February 2006, many of the current portable hard disk/flash players suffer from this problem to a greater or lesser degree, including many otherwise very appealing devices such as the Apple iPod range, iRiver and Creative Zen, to name but a few. The Rio Karma supports gapless playback, but is no longer manufactured.

Anything else Troll?

nilepez

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
I said that was a deal breaker for me and man others (or something like that) and thats what he was replying to.

Once again, completely incorrect in your assumption that was my gripe. I spelled it out simply. You don't understand it no matter how I state it. That's fine, I can live with that.

To M_S, if one claimed that a CD player that put gaps between songs couldn't play Dark Side of the moon without putting gaps between songs, he'd say, "Yes it can, if you concatenate all the files together, it will play it without gaps. You're misleading the public."

M_S

Dude can you even read? That entire passage was in quotes and the hypothetical quote is atributed to YOU. The point is that if this was the world of CDs, NOBODY would say a CD player could play an album back gaplessly if it required you to make the cd a SINGLE FILE.

M_S

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2006

Guess what Troll, I never mentioned iTunes. You did. iTunes is software. An iPod is hardware.

That's what I said, "I mentioned iTunes". Do you know how to read?

How about this one
Unfortunately, as of February 2006, many of the current portable hard disk/flash players suffer from this problem to a greater or lesser degree, including many otherwise very appealing devices such as the Apple iPod range, iRiver and Creative Zen, to name but a few. The Rio Karma supports gapless playback, but is no longer manufactured.

Gapless playback is the seamless playback of digital audio formats.(source: wikipedia.org)

You seem to have conviently left that part out. Pretty much mirrors what M-W states if you look up gap, doesn't it?

Still you are bringing up topics already discussed, why?

M_S

M_S

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2006

M_S

Dude can you even read? That entire passage was in quotes and the hypothetical quote is atributed to YOU. The point is that if this was the world of CDs, NOBODY would say a CD player could play an album back gaplessly if it required you to make the cd a SINGLE FILE.

With exception of my reply, I am quoted nowhere above. How do you come to the conclusion that a quote is "attributed" to me? Oh, it was a "hypothetical" quote. You mean "if" I had said that I would be wrong? Is that what you are getting at? You are still stuck on CD players, huh?

M_S

nilepez

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006

[quote="M_S The Troll]
With exception of my reply, I am quoted nowhere above. How do you come to the conclusion that a quote is "attributed" to me? Oh, it was a "hypothetical" quote. You mean "if" I had said that I would be wrong? Is that what you are getting at? You are still stuck on CD players, huh?
M_S[/quote]

OMFG you are mentally challenged (I'm dead serious). Read what I wrote. If you can't it figure out, then you lack the intelligence to talk about anything.

Dense man, the point is that NOBODY before you was talkinga bout iTunes and gapless. IT was just you in your little dark dank cave.

As for you little gapless quote, you conveniently leave out TRACKS. Tracks is defined as seperate files. Reading the entire article, instead of one line supports that Now FOAD.

M_S

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2006

[quote="M_S The Troll]
M_S

OMFG you are mentally challenged (I'm dead serious). Read what I wrote. If you can't it figure out, then you lack the intelligence to talk about anything.

Dense man, the point is that NOBODY before you was talkinga bout iTunes and gapless. IT was just you in your little dark dank cave.

As for you little gapless quote, you conveniently leave out TRACKS. Tracks is defined as seperate files. Reading the entire article, instead of one line supports that Now FOAD.[/quote]

You make this up as you go, right?

M_S

p.s. there was a reason I dismissed all posts from you, can you figure out what it was?

ryanodine

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2006
I'm on computer number 4 on my DRM, but I only have one computer, it's way easier to reach the limit of 5 than people think. I built a new rig, so this became number 2. I had a mobo go bad, so I got a new one, this became number 3. I got a nice large SATA HD to replace my IDE one and did a fesh OS install, this became computer number 4. Remember, a new mobo or HD counts as a new computer, so it's very easy to reach the limit of 5, I should be there at the end of the year when I build a new SLI rig. I love my ipod, but the limit of 5 is BS for people that have hardware problems or rebuild there rig every year and a half like I do.

If this is a critism of iTunes DRM then you can deauthorize a computer so you always have up to 5 machines at at time.

how is this done?

Advanced -> Deauthorize Computer

Of course you have to do this before you wipe the machine, but I think you can also change this when you login to the Music Store