Solved! Why are my Apple Earbuds microphone not working with my audio splitter on my gaming PC?

Jun 20, 2021
I have a gaming PC with the usual 6 audio jacks in the back and I was using a pair of apple 3.5 mm 4 pin earbuds with a Dukabel audio splitter because the microphone wouldn't work otherwise. Both the audio and the microphone work but I decided to order a new pair because this old one had audio issues with the right earbud (the sound was too quiet). However. this new earbud's microphone does not work and instead produces a constant static noise when I try to use the mic. I remember this was a problem before with the old pair but I don't remember how I fixed it. I already went through all the typical steps of checking if it's the default device, uninstalling the drivers and restarting, etc. The old pair's microphone continues to work fine when I plug it in but this new one doesn't seem to work at all. They are the same exact pair. I'm using Windows 10

Last edited:
Solution
Apple uses a different connection design than most other headphones, you may need to get a different adapter specifically for those. Also make sure everything is plugged in tightly.