why can't i buy a new lcd panel for a vizio tv

Sandra379

Commendable
Jul 23, 2016
a coworker said that my father in law broke his tv while looking for parts in his private quaters. I do not believe he broke it, but to skip the drama i offered to fix it. It is a vizio e series with a broken lcd panel. I can not find a replacement lcd any where. HELP!!

Solution

A new panel and the labor to replace it would cost more than a whole new TV.
These are not meant to be 'fixed', other than minor electronic parts. The screen? No.
They just don't sell them.

On another note, I just had a Vizio E series 55" die. 1 year warranty, major issues at 18 months.

maxwellmelon

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
not very likely unless you can find a doner tv with a good panel and bad electronics. the LCD is the most expensive part in a tv and its failure is considered the point of just replacement of whole tv. (that single panel is very fragile to damage when not installed in a tv with all its back supporting plates.(usually at least two hard plastic plates behind it with light diffusers and stuff) and that sandwich of pieces has to stay completely clean.

USAFRet

Illustrious

A new panel and the labor to replace it would cost more than a whole new TV.
These are not meant to be 'fixed', other than minor electronic parts. The screen? No.
They just don't sell them.

On another note, I just had a Vizio E series 55" die. 1 year warranty, major issues at 18 months.

Solution