Why can't I make phone calls/access contacts on my Galaxy S8+?

Helpneeded101

Prominent
May 28, 2017
I recently got a new Galaxy S8+.When I try to make a phone call or open my contacts, an error message pops up that says, "Contacts has stopped" or "Contacts keeps stopping." I've tried clearing cached data and factory resetting my phone, but the problem still persists. What can I do now?

Solution
If you reset the device and it is still giving you these problems, I would start to wonder if there isn't something wrong with the phone. Especially if the contacts have never worked. If that is the case, I would contact the seller or the manufacturer.

If, however, it did work and now isn't, I would try the following.

1. If the contacts are on a SD card and not the phone itself, try removing the SD card and then remounting it. Then move the contacts to the device.

2. If that doesn't work, try starting the phone in "Safe Mode". All things won't work in "Safe Mode" but your contacts should open. If it is a virus or bad app interfering with the contacts app, then that app should open fine in "Safe Mode". If it does, then I would restart...
If you reset the device and it is still giving you these problems, I would start to wonder if there isn't something wrong with the phone. Especially if the contacts have never worked. If that is the case, I would contact the seller or the manufacturer.

If, however, it did work and now isn't, I would try the following.

1. If the contacts are on a SD card and not the phone itself, try removing the SD card and then remounting it. Then move the contacts to the device.

2. If that doesn't work, try starting the phone in "Safe Mode". All things won't work in "Safe Mode" but your contacts should open. If it is a virus or bad app interfering with the contacts app, then that app should open fine in "Safe Mode". If it does, then I would restart the phone, and then check it for viruses, malware, bad apps, bad updates, etc.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS