Solved! Why did my rog GL553VD suddenly died?

Feb 15, 2021
I need urgent help... So a few months ago, i had the same exact issue, where my gl553vd suddenly turns off completely (no "shutting down computer" sign, no "low battery" sign, no nothing) except for a subtle click, similar to the one you hear whenever you are plugging earphones... I had someone fix it for me, told me it was the motherboard so they replaced it but now, the same thing happened. And i hear subtle continuos clicks inside my laptop and just wont turn on... pleaaase help!!!

Solution
If I took my car to the shop to fix a problem and they didn't fix it I would take it back. You likely paid a good chunk of change for a motherboard that did not fix the problem. Just like with a car, they may or may not give you any money back but they certainly should work to make you happy. We'd have to know where the clicks are coming from. It could be the speakers because of some transient, could be something weird with the fan, could be the hard drive if it is mechanical. Pretty hard to know. Maybe someone with a similar machine has knowledge. Can you enter the BIOS from bootup? What exactly do you see when you try to start? Anything on the screen? Any lights or fans? It occurs to me, if you are hearing clicks while it's trying to...
If I took my car to the shop to fix a problem and they didn't fix it I would take it back. You likely paid a good chunk of change for a motherboard that did not fix the problem. Just like with a car, they may or may not give you any money back but they certainly should work to make you happy. We'd have to know where the clicks are coming from. It could be the speakers because of some transient, could be something weird with the fan, could be the hard drive if it is mechanical. Pretty hard to know. Maybe someone with a similar machine has knowledge. Can you enter the BIOS from bootup? What exactly do you see when you try to start? Anything on the screen? Any lights or fans? It occurs to me, if you are hearing clicks while it's trying to start (like once a second or so) and have a hard drive (not an SSD) that indicated the hard drive is failing to read data and is trying over and over to find the data track it is seeking. That would indicate your drive has failed.

Solution